Skin Deco

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Review: Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation

When it comes to makeup, Japanese brands are generally not my cup of tea. I make a face at the sight of shimmery eyeshadow palettes and pastel blushes. So, for Shiseido to grow on me was unexpected. It started with the lip products and then with the mascara that eventually became one of the best mascaras I've ever used.

Now, they've tied another loop around me with the Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation.

Read on for my review.

Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation is essentially a liquid foundation housed in a sleek, compact, and lightweight bottle with a nozzle. Sure, it doesn't look as fancy as prestigious glass bottles which most luxury brands have but I can't deny that it's practical. It's small enough to carry around in my makeup pouch, I won't risk breaking the bottle and the nozzle niftily dispenses a controllable amount of product. Triple win!

The formula is not too runny nor too thick -- just the ideal texture for blending effortlessly. The shade that I have is O60 Natural Deep Ochre which is quite olive and a tinge darker than my non-tanned skin but when I'm tanned, the color suits me very well.

When applied, the Perfect Refining Foundation practically looks like second skin but heaps better. It has a medium coverage that sufficiently evens out the skin tone and covers up any marks or blotchiness. The semi-matte finish feels comfortable to wear and doesn't make my skin appear overly caked up or too oily throughout the day.

It has pretty decent lasting power as well, though not the best. Overall, it is a reliable foundation that gets the job done. Plus it has SPF 15 which I personally isn't too fussed about.

I've realized that Shiseido isn't one of those brands that gives me the "wow" factor. They simply perform very well and gain my appreciation in time by being go-to products I can count on. That, I believe, is the key ingredient to a healthy relationship with Shiseido.

Shiseido Perfect Refining retails for RM130 for 30ml. Comes in 14 shades, according to the website.

7 comments:

AndreaLiciouse said...

I want this so bad..I don't find this stuff at Kota Kinabalu...huhuh

AndreaLiciouse said...

where i can buy this foundation? r there any website that sell this product online

Connie De Alwis said...

AndreaLiciouse: Good news! It's available on Strawberrynet! About the same price after conversion plus shipping is free :)

AndreaLiciouse said...

oh yeah??thanks!will buy it soon. btw, i love your blog!

Askmewhats said...

Ah, I heard the greatness of Shiseido foundations in terms of "second skin" feel, I guess it is true then! I haven't tried Shiseido foundations! Would you believe that?

toughcookie said...

hey, the colour looks awesome on your skin! good, eh?

Bun Bun Makeup Tips said...

I know what you mean by 'doesn't give that wow factor'. Such products are like... our parents? They don't go on wild road trips with us, don't do silly things with us, don't make us laugh and cry like our boyfriends do, but you know you can always count on them to be there for you always. :D

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy