Skin Deco

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Review + Look: Lancôme Trésor Midnight Rose

Such a beauty, isn't it? (I meant the perfume, not me)
The new Lancôme Trésor Midnight Rose exerts feminine romanticism with this elegant purple and gold gradient bottle, accented by a satin rose.

They couldn't have picked a more fitting ambassador for this perfume -- the young and promising Emma Watson. How she's grown to be such a lady! 
My attempt to re-create Emma's look in the video, unfortunately, fell short. Nevertheless, it was fun to pull out the red lipstick again.

Read on for more on the look and my thoughts on this perfume as well as details on how you can score a free sample of this gorgeous perfume.

Top Notes: Raspberry, Blackcurrant Buds
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Peony, Rose Absolute, Pink Pepper 
Base Notes: Virginian Cedar, Musk and Vanilla 

Overly sweet perfumes may not be my cup of tea but the tangy berry-like sweetness of this perfume is light and comfortable to the nose. I may not read notes but I definitely picked up the Raspberry scent right away! It smelt fresh and springy which probably contradicts the perfume's name since it's meant to be a "midnight" scent.

Despite being an EDP (supposedly more concentrated), I found this perfume somewhat on the mild side and while the scent lingers, it doesn't remain strong throughout the day. In fact, it isn't strong in the first place. In my books, this perfume falls into the "Day Fragrance" category. Just as portrayed in the commercial, this perfume appears to be mysteriously sensual from the at first glance but in reality, it's playfully innocent.



A 50ml bottle retails for RM205 and 75ml at RM265.
If you'd like to give this a try, until the end of January, Lancome's giving out free samples of Trésor Midnight Rose via their Facebook page.
Check out what my blogging buddies have to say about this fragrance: 

The eyes were quite simple with champagne shadow on the lids and greyish brown on the outer corner as well as the lower lashline. The liner had a slight angle but it wasn't winged out. Loads of mascara, of course. She probably had natural falsies on but I was too lazy. The red lipstick on her was more on the cool side, which I don't own. I also could've gone darker with the brows. Just some light contouring on the cheeks with a hint of pale pink blush.

7 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Pretty look!

lyn said...

Eeeks, so pretty!!! The lipstick looks really good on you, what is it?

Askmewhats said...

You look so fresh and gorgeous Connie!!!! Seriously, the colored lippie is a fresh change! Though you still loook sexy and gorgeous in nude colors this one is VAMPY!!! :D LOVE!!!!!!

Connie De Alwis said...

Jamilla: Thanks! :)

Lyn: Hee hee. Thank you. I used Rimmel Bordeaux as the base color & layered Clarins 700 over it.

Nikki: you're sweet :) thanks dearie. I'm still more comfortable in nude than red!

Isabel said...

I have this too and love it!

Connie De Alwis said...

Isabel: indeed it's a lovely scent :)

gio said...

You look so pretty and fresh!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy