Skin Deco

Monday, January 30, 2012

Getting Fit on Skin Deco

Happy Chinese New Year! 

We've entered a New Year but the most popular resolution is nothing new at all.
You've guessed it! Losing weight and getting fit.

If the same resolution remains every year, that probably means there has been little or no progress.
While I can dedicate a long and whiny post to my sap story about weight issues, I'm not going to. We all have our stories.
Rather, this is an invitation to join me on my journey to getting fit and staying fit.

Read on for details on this new series and here's to a fitter Year of the Dragon!

*We all know weight loss resolutions truly begins after CNY because of eating too much over the holidays 

My decision to make a change wasn't out of a New Year's resolution. Actually, it wasn't even a 360° change. A couple of months ago, I just thought that I'd do something different and just kept doing it repeatedly. Over time, I have educated myself, set goals, developed plans and formed discipline. My journey to getting fit may have just begun but I've learned and experienced so much already. I have visions in my head of what I can accomplish in terms of my strength, endurance as well as physique and it's slowly becoming a reality.
This time around, I'm going to do it right.

I was a little hesitant about incorporating fitness into the blog mostly because I was doubtful of my own commitment. At some point, it was going to happen but I wasn't expecting to do this so soon until opportunity presented itself in the form of a knowledgeable certified trainer named Jeremy Bird.


Circuit25 aka C25 is a group personal circuit training which focuses on cardio, core as well as strength and resistance exercises. Prior to C25, I was already practicing interval training but not quite at a high intensity. After trying out several types of exercises, I found that interval training suits me the best because I can't keep up with large exercise groups and the treadmill is dreadfully boring. Also, with interval training, I'm more aware of the areas that I need to improve on. I won't go into detail but you can read more about High Intensity Interval Training [here].

SO! Starting this week, there will be a brand new series on Skin Deco called Getting Fit.
This series is a collaboration with Circuit25 where we'll have our expert, Jeremy, on board to share his tips on weight loss and fitness. In each post, we will address a specific topic and since the series will be progressive, we will go in-depth with the topics as time goes by.

On top of that, for every post, we'll have a Q&A session where you can ask Jeremy any questions you have regarding diet and fitness.

The first Getting Fit post goes up on Wednesday so watch out for it!
For years I've shared posts on how to look good from the neck up. Now, let's have a body to match!

Meanwhile, if you have any questions for Jeremy, ask away in the comment section below :)

4 comments:

plue said...

darling, let's gambade together on this fitness progress :) i hate moving my butt (super lazy) but by taking care of what i put into my body and amount i eat, plus everyday i walk a bit extra to work I have manage to lose a bit of weight, the difference isn't that great but it feels good :)

will be keeping an eye every Wednesday now :D hopefully we will all be healthier for the year to come :D

Connie De Alwis said...

We can do it! :D
I used to dread exercise but I look forward to it now since I can feel & see the improvements in my stamina & strength, especially.
It's surprising how small changes can make a difference, right? But after some time the effect becomes stagnant and to see greater results means to do more.
Well, something is better than nothing! Keep it up!

Eli said...

Good on you! I just had an insane conversation with some friends the other day and they were talking about diet pill this and treatment that. I wanted to shake them.

Glad that you have found a routine you enjoy and can stick to. It's easier to get into the habit once you enjoy it.

Connie De Alwis said...

Thanks :) I suppose it's not unusual for people to want fast results with minimal effort. They'd get so enthusiastic over the gimmicks & scoff at good ole diet & exercise. I fell off my routine over the holidays & am picking it back up again.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy