Skin Deco

Friday, December 16, 2011

Video Tutorial: Lady Gaga Viva Glam II

Take two!
Finally, I remade the Lady Gaga MAC Viva Glam II look since my previous failed video attempt. To be honest, I was conveniently putting it off until a very sweet lipgloss-eating friend *winks* gifted me with the actual lipstick and I couldn't not do the tutorial! Hitting two birds with one stone, this look features the Urban Decay Naked Palette as per requests.

Granted, it's not my best look but it's my first video recorded with the Panasonic Lumix LX5 and I'm very happy with the quality compared to my old compact.



Read on for more pictures and full listing of items used.


Left: 1st attempt, Right: 2nd attempt

Not as dramatic as I wanted it to be... And with Gaga being so much fairer than I am, the lipstick looks a lot more nude. Hence, smokey eyes would probably have been a better pair for it.

Items Used:

Face:
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in #123 (lightened)
Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer in Sand
Giorgio Armani Micro-Fil Loose Powder

Lips:
MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
Urban Decay The Naked Palette (Sin, Naked, Toasted, Virgin, Buck, Darkhorse)
MAC Eyeshadow in Chamomile
Maybelliner Hypersharp Liquid Pen Eyeliner
I Nuovi Fluidliner in Light and Noir (pencil liner)
I Nuovi Prolash EX03
Eyebrow Tint (forgot the brand and lazy to look for it)





10 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

The lipstick looks AMAZING on you. I couldn't pull that color off... it just looked too weird on me!

Sue said...

the lipstick looks great on you!

Jenn said...

This looks alot more nude on you! So pretty!! :D :D

And i want Naked :( :(

Jamilla Camel said...

You look stunning and chic – and a whole lot better than Lady Gaga!

Connie De Alwis said...

Rainy Days and Lattes: Thanks! You'd be surprised! Just a tip: pair with darker more dramatic eyes. Give it a try ;)

Sue: Thank you :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Jenn: Cuz I have more tanned skin tone ma. hehe. Thanks for the lipstick! *hugs* I'm really keen on trying it with a smokier eye...

Jamilla: Awh, thanks :) You're too sweet! It's certainly nowhere near Gaga. Hope you're having heaps of fun on your trip!

gio said...

very pretty! Love that lipstick on you!

lyn said...

It's such a gorgeous look and that lipstick looks great on you!

dom said...

SUCCESS!!!! :D absolutely beautiful!

Connie De Alwis said...

Gio: Thanks :) I'm really looking forward to try more looks with it

Lyn: A bit different from what I'd usually wear on the eyes though! Still, interesting to try out. Thanks, babe.

Dom: Haha, you're too kind. I wasn't too satisfied with how it compared to the original. Oh well

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy