Skin Deco

Friday, December 9, 2011

Tutorial: Friday is Purple Liner Day!

"Casual Friday" doesn't really apply to my outfit since I'm obligated to wear the corporate T-shirt. Instead, I play up my makeup!

When I acquired the Inglot AMC Eyeliner, I had nothing but praises for that awesome Purple liner. Every Friday I would be inclined to wear it and one of my favorite combination with it is Yellow eyeshadow.

Yay for colors! Proceed for the tutorial and items used

Face:

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation in 53
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Sunny By Nature (blush)

Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion
Anna Sui Eye Color in 801
NYX Eyeshadow in Brown
MAC Eyeshadow in Fig 1
Inglot AMC Eyeliner in #74
MAC Eyeshadow in Chamomile
Maybelliner Cat Eyes Mascara

After you've prepped your lids with the eyeshadow, pat on the yellow eyeshadow until just slightly above the crease. Then, blend the lid color into the crease by using the medium brown eyeshadow. For the outer corner, blend a purple eyshadow using a blending brush.

Once you've completed your lid color, add a spunky purple eyeliner. While waiting for the eyeliner to dry, apply the purple eyeshadow along the lower lash line. Complete the look with a few good coats of mascara.





10 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Fabulous liner! Great look!

Jen said...

gorgeous ^___^ i love seeing coloured liners being used instead of the typical black & browns :) looks great hun :)

Diana said...

Simply beautiful! Great look!
What are you wearing on your lips?:)

thebananniery said...

wow! purple and yellow! will try this combination soon.. looove the lips too!

gio said...

This is gorgeous! Love the purple eyeliner!

Askmewhats said...

Perfectly done, just like a gorgeous sunset!! Can't wait to see yoU!!!!! *giddy*

Bun Bun Makeup Tips said...

Purple and yellow is always a great combi! =D Yay for colors too!

Helda said...

Lips to die for. What lipstick are you wearing?

Connie De Alwis said...

Jamilla: Thanks! :) I wanna get more colors of this liner!

Jen: I LOVE colored liners. They just add instant pop. Thank you :D

Diana: Glad you like it! I seriously can't remember what I was wearing on my lips. Probably just some random gloss

thebananniery: purple + yellow is a combo that works! They're complementary colors after all :)

Connie De Alwis said...

gio: Thank you! :D

Nikki: Sunset eyes are my fave to wear! In every variation. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!

Bun Bun: Indeed! YAY!

Helda: *shucks* I kinda think so too :p well, it was a good lip day ie. they weren't horribly cracked or peeling. sorry but I don't remember what lippy I was wearing. probably just a neutral gloss

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy