My Purple Glitter Gradient Nails isn't an A-grade job. More like a D+ but it was fun trying and some of the nails did turn out alright. I think...
Best of all, it's noob-friendly! Ie. steady hands not required.
Check out what I used and how I did this after the jump!
L-R: Color Combos (Dunno the code. Some "Golden Lilac" shade, Revlon Nail Enamel in 795 Devilish, Anna Sui Nail Art Color N in 081, The Face Shop Top Coat
- I applied the golden lilac polish as a base color
- Then, I swept Devilish from the cuticle upwards to half of the nail. After that, I applied another coat of the golden lilac. I didn't do this quick enough so the dark color didn't really blend out...
- Not to worry! We'll make it work with the next layer! I did the dark color again
- Few seconds later I applied the pink glitter polish (Anna Sui) which blended the purple but a wee bit too much. Didn't wanna redo so I just finished with top coat.
- Tip: Wait 8 seconds before applying the glitter coat for better blending
- Tip 2: Or you could use the sponge/brush technique to create the gradient but I've never tried it so I can't tell you if it's noob-friendly