Skin Deco

Monday, December 12, 2011

Nail Polish Noob: Purple Glitter Gradient Nails - Tutorial!

In my previous nail polish post, I tried my hand at creating a gradient using glitter. That got me thinking; how about doing a gradient using color? And so I did.

My Purple Glitter Gradient Nails isn't an A-grade job. More like a D+ but it was fun trying and some of the nails did turn out alright. I think...

Best of all, it's noob-friendly! Ie. steady hands not required.

Check out what I used and how I did this after the jump!






L-R: Color Combos (Dunno the code. Some "Golden Lilac" shade, Revlon Nail Enamel in 795 Devilish, Anna Sui Nail Art Color N in 081, The Face Shop Top Coat

  1. I applied the golden lilac polish as a base color
  2. Then, I swept Devilish from the cuticle upwards to half of the nail. After that, I applied another coat of the golden lilac. I didn't do this quick enough so the dark color didn't really blend out...
  3. Not to worry! We'll make it work with the next layer! I did the dark color again
  4. Few seconds later I applied the pink glitter polish (Anna Sui) which blended the purple but a wee bit too much. Didn't wanna redo so I just finished with top coat.
  5. Tip: Wait 8 seconds before applying the glitter coat for better blending
  6. Tip 2: Or you could use the sponge/brush technique to create the gradient but I've never tried it so I can't tell you if it's noob-friendly
So the trick with this is simply timing and pressure applied when you coat. Neatness not required! Glitter nail polish and top coat are a must for every nail noob.




6 comments:

lyn said...

I absolutely love this especially after seeing in person too :-) Lovely stuff and thanks for the tutorial!

Askmewhats said...

You did wonderfully! Oh mY!!!! you're one natural talent ! Can't wait to see you pretty girl!

Fifi said...

Woah this looks awesome! Thanks for the clear tut, I'm so stupid when it comes to nail stuff!

gio said...

Love it! You did a great job!

Hayley said...

Wow, bling bling~

But is it hard to remove?

xin said...

try the sponge next time :D it's super user friendly!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy