Skin Deco

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Nail Polish Noob: Glittery Idiot-proof Nails

Here's a great way to cheat if you suck at applying nail polish -- slap on the glitter!
It's a trick that I've been using for years to mask my untidy application but too much glitter can seem tacky and juvenile.

Instead, I attempted this Lilac & Gold glitter gradient.
Blabber on how I did it after the jump!


  1. For the base color, I used two coats of this sheer lilac shade (from Color Combos) with fine gold glitter
  2. Then, I concentrated the Anna Sui Nail Color in 802 on the tips of the nail, dragging the glitter halfway down towards the the cuticle
  3. After that, I applied another coat of the base color over the glitter to blend
  4. Finally, I applied top coat from The Face Shop
You simply can't go wrong with this method even though you're known to paint on streaks.

9 comments:

plue said...

oooh it looks nice! simple too!

xin said...

very pretty! you are definitely getting there :D

yvonne said...

wow! This is something hassle-free for someone like me :p I'm a sucker for applying nail polish and it's always a messy job.

Love your tips here ^^

beetrice said...

like! :D

Tine said...

I've seen this glitter-tipped nails around but haven't tried it out yet. After seeing this, well, project! :P

lyn said...

Very nice indeed! Thanks for the idea :-) Must try this out someday.

Connie De Alwis said...

Plue: Thanks! Really very simple! Requires a lot less neatness compared to applying a single color

Xin: He he he got "guru" to teach me ma :p

Yvonne: Glad you found the tips helpful :) I'm the same. I like the look of nail polish but I'm so horrible at applying them

Connie De Alwis said...

Beetrice: Like your comment! :D

Tine: Great for Christmas! I suddenly have many glitter nail polishes to play with. They're a b!tch to remove though

Lyn: Welcome! We shall all have glitter nails for Christmas!

yummy411 said...

so purrdddyy!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy