Skin Deco

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Women Stuff Readers' Choice Awards 2011

The Pretty Committee

As a beauty blogger, we slave over our products with time, money, energy and side effects. What could be a bigger honour than having a party thrown to celebrate our beloved beauty products? Paris B of MyWomenStuff was the genius behind that very idea!

Starting with the excitement of receiving insider news to months of (...leading up to last minute) preparation, the first ever My Women Stuff Readers' Choice Awards 2011 was brought out of the web!

Continue for more on the festivities!

For weeks I was looking forward to the MWS Awards that finally happened on the 29th of October, 2011 at the Coffee Chemistry Cafe in Sunway Giza.

Prior to event, the readers of MyWomenStuff, nominated and voted for their favorite products and brands in 25 categories which included skin care, makeup, hair and body products.
The reveal of the winners was done live amongst the crowd of voters and fellow beauty enthusiasts. The guests were prompted to guess who the winners would be for a contest and let's just say I failed miserably!

For months or even years, I've known some of the attendees by their online handle so it was certainly great to be able to put a face to the name. Dom (of Belle Demoiselle) and I were manning the registration for the shindig where we got to greet almost everyone that came. Unfortunately, that didn't leave me with much time for mingling and picture-taking (which explains the plagiarism).

The youngest attendee was this adorable lil' guy (manufactured by Juan, our emcee for the day) who managed to sleep through all the excitement while everyone was at their feet, praying for their lucky number to be called... The lucky draw prize which included vouchers from Apronbay, Lace Petals and Poise Organic Wellness Studio, goodies from Kiehl's, Clinique and Estee Lauder, and two whoppers from Dior! Nope, I didn't win any...

But if I'm being real honest, I feel lucky enough just to have all these ladies, my friends, to share this passion for beauty with me. So, the best part of the whole thing really is simply being a part of this success and spending a wonderful day with the #evurl ladies.

Oh! And such a good reason to wear red lipstick! I don't think I've ever worn this much red lipstick in my entire life!

Even though I didn't win anything, I did not go home empty-handed! The hefty goodie bag was practically filled to the brim with products and vouchers sponsored by Pantene, Yuan Soaps, Himalaya, L'Oreal, Hada Labo, Revlon, Vichy, Maybelline, Kiehl's, Estee Lauder, Esemeria Organics, Olay, Poise Organic Wellness Studio, Apronbay and Lace Petals.

Sweet Contemplation Accessories needs a special mention for sponsoring such a beautifully-crafted necklace, handmade by my lovely friend, Tine. The color I got went so well with the cuff-bracelet (also by SCA, specially designed for rough users like myself) that I was already wearing.

Surprisingly, the next item I used from the goodie bag was the Lace Petals voucher! They have a good collection of tastefully sexy pieces and coupled with the generous discount, I couldn't not order! (more on that next time)

The MWS Awards called for bright clothing or bright/red lips. In honour of the host, I went red! In fear of losing my "identity", I didn't pair the red lips with neutral eyes. Instead, I went full on with the smokey eyes and lashes! What do you think? Did the combination work?
A tutorial for the look will be coming up soon!

Can't wait for the My Women Stuff Readers' Choice Awards 2012!


10 comments:

Sherry said...

I have been away from your blog for sometimes, my baby now going to be 5 mth old hehe. wow you look great!

Paris B said...

Very honoured that you came in red lips!! *hugs* Loving the "Connie Collage" and thanks for a job very well come :D

❤ Ee Von said...

the event looks so good! congrats and great job to everyone who made it happen :) and i love the look you had! strong but not overkill. i should totally try this red lips+strong eyes combo some time :P

Anonymous said...

your skin really IS gorgeous babe, im so happy for u! i remember i started reading your blog when you were still battling eczema and the period breakouts! now u look healthy n glowing, i less than three!

Jean said...

oh i didn't say hi to you when i saw u in the event.. was too shy and just stick with ppl i know.. i shud have be braver.. >.<
hope to see u girls again soon!

Bun Bun Makeup Tips said...

The party looks really fun! What a great gathering! =D

xin said...

love your look! friends aside, you have found your long lost twin too :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Sherry: Congrats on your new bundle of joy! Glad you're back :)Thanks!

Paris B: Kuli Duty was fun! :D *hugs* anytime, fellow Auntie. I'm starting to dig the red lip! Maybe my features are growing into the color... hah!

Connie De Alwis said...

Ee Von: I was worried at first about the strong + strong combo but I loved how it turned out too!

Anonymous: Awh, thank you! Well, time (and good skin care!) does change things :) I'm glad you've stuck around for so long

Connie De Alwis said...

Jean: Aiyo, what's there to be shy about? I don't bite :p Hope you had a blast!

Bun Bun: There'll always be heaps of fun when you dump a whole bunch of makeup-obsessed ladies together!

Xin: Glad you do! Oh yeahhh!!! Do you have the pic? Damn cute weh. I swear we didn't plan to coordinate!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy