Skin Deco

Monday, October 10, 2011

Tutorial Ft. Urban Decay Naked Palette: Autumn Luster

With all the fall makeup looks popping up, one morning I was feeling inspired to do this look for work using the Urban Decay Naked Palette. I loved the warmth and richness of the shades combined and how well they blended into one another.

Click on for a step-by-step tutorial on how I did the look.

First, I applied MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist as my eyeshadow base. Then, I blended Toasted over the base and up to the crease using the flat side of the Stila #30 brush. I used Buck to blend further up towards the brow bone with the MAC217 brush. To darken the outer corner, I buffed on Hustle with the fluffy side of the Stila #30 brush.

Using the KIM E131, I applied Creep tight along the upper lash line and bring the line out to a small flick. On the bottom lash line, I used Hustle followed by Creep just in between the lash closer to the outer. To highlight, I used Naked.

Define the brows and apply generous coats of mascara to complete the look!

6 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

I really love this look! It's subtle and chic!

lyn said...

Gorgeous! That big fat fluffy brush looks great for blending below the eyebrow.

gio said...

Beautiful, love it!

Connie De Alwis said...

Jamilla: Thanks! :)

Lyn: Thank you! I love that brush. it's from Crown and it's really dense and tapers at the tip. I always use this to buff on highlight under the brow

Gio: Glad you do. Thanks! :D

dom said...

beautiful! thank you for this tutorial, i needed it!

Connie De Alwis said...

Dom: Thanks and you're welcome ;) Would love to see your version of the look!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy