Skin Deco

Friday, October 14, 2011

Review: Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Oil + UV Moist Emulsion

We're often schooled in thought that skin care shouldn't be skimped on. It's your FACE we're talking about here! Shouldn't it deserve the best? Well, I've had my fair share of expensive skin care but as I began to discover my steady skincare routine, I realized that many of the products responsible for the wellness of my skin really aren't all that expensive.

*PHEW!* I'll go broke if my skin refuses to accept anything else but Creme De La Mer!


Today I'd like to share with you two affordable products that I use daily and wouldn't even think of replacing -- Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Oil and Hada Labo UV Moist Emulsion.

Frankly, Hada Labo has managed to hit the bull's eye in my books so many times I can safely say that I can survive with all my skincare being from Hada Labo . The famous Hyaluronic Acid Lotion is awesome and I'd go hysterical if the AHA + BHA Cleanser ever cease to exist.

Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Oil (RM49.90/200ml)

A cleansing oil is a must in my daily routine especially since I wear makeup almost everyday. I for one am a firm believer that as long as you remove your makeup well at the end of the day, there's no need to worry about foundation clogging your pores.

Having tried several brands of cleansing oils including the world-renowned Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil, I found that the one that I like best is the highly-affordable Kose Softymo cleansing oil. Unfortunately, it's not available in Malaysia and I'd usually have friends buy several bottles back at a time from Hong Kong or order it through Sasa.com.

Thank goodness there's now a locally-available alternative! The Hada Labo Olive Cleansing Oil works just as wonderfully as Kose, effectively removing foundation, eyeliner and waterproof mascara with just two pumps. The clear oil feels lightweight and emulsifies well without leaving my skin taut or greasy. There's nothing at all that I don't like about it!

Hada Labo UV Moist Emulsion (RM49.90/38ml)

When it comes to sunscreen, I have somewhat expensive preferences. My favorites have included the RMK Face Protector, La Mer UV Protecting Fluid and more recently, Clarins UV Plus HP. Being a product that is to be applied very liberally, spending a lot on sunscreen can take its toll.

Just as I was setting a fund for another bottle of the Clarins UV Plus HP, Hada Labo came to the rescue of my pocket! I'll admit that the Clarins one will still have a very special place in my heart but I can happily make do with Hada Labo. It has broad-spectrum protection of SPF50 PA+++, which is more than sufficient and I think it has some hydrating ingredients in there. I tossed the packaging so I don't remember.

If you're ever worried about sunscreens feeling heavy, smelling awful or leaving white casts, you won't have to be with Hada Labo. The texture's watery and feels completely lightweight. On top of that, the sunscreen doubles as a decent makeup base.

Hada Labo is available in Guardian and Watsons.

7 comments:

Haruuta Chan said...

Can I ask something :D
i just wanna know, can u recommended facial product that can help every type skin?
That made by organic product :D

Hayley said...

I used the hydrating liquid before and gotto say I quite like it.. But due to the price, I now switch over to others to try....

lyn said...

Sadly, the HL sunscreen broke me out :-( I'm sensitive to some chemical content. Otherwise, it is a pretty good and lightweight one.

Connie De Alwis said...

Haruuta: I truly can't think of one single organic product that would work on everyone. With so many varieties out there, we have enough choices to select the best products for our skin and best addresses our skin concerns. I'm not too familiar with organic products but I do like Madara and Esmeria

Connie De Alwis said...

Hayley: For drugstore brand, the price is mid-range but the next best in terms of price and performance I'd say would be Biore.

Lyn: Sucks when that happens, right? :( I know many people who couldn't use the AHA+BHA cleanser but it's so amazing on me! I guess Hada Labo is just one of those brands that work well with my skin despite it being quite sensitive and reactive. How odd right?

Sadonna said...

Hi, I just bought the cleanser and realized we need to use this with a sunscreen product. I didn't use any sunscreen product before, but i'm using Maybelline BB Cream, does this enough? Or should I use a proper sunscreen product?

Anonymous said...

eka : hye connie..i would like to ask u,is this cleansing oil can also be used as a cleanser,where i dont need to use other cleanser after i use the cleansing oil?

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy