Skin Deco

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

MAC Fall Tutorial: Burnt Copper

Fall's a great time to whip out those earthy tones and smoke them out!
As much as I love brights, I find shades like copper, bronze and cranberry to be flattering on warmer skin tones like mine. To top it off, they're the kind of shades that are wearable from day to night.

Since I didn't hit the snooze button, I had time to do a tutorial for this look I did for work -- I shall call it Burnt Copper.
Hope you like!

Items Used

Eyes

Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer
MAC Pigment in Gold Dusk
MAC Eyeshadow in Brash
MAC Eyeshadow in Tete-a-Tint
MAC Eyeshadow in Spiced Chocolate
MAC Eyeshadow in Signed, Sealed
MAC Eyeshadow in Chamomile
MAC Fluidline in Blitz & Glitz
Maybelline Cat Eyes Mascara
Shu Uemura Hard 9 Eyebrow Pencil in Seal Brown

Start by priming the lids with an eyeshadow primer. Apply Gold Dusk on the lid just short of the crease line. Then, place Brash onto the crease and blend out. Use a blending brush (MAC 217) to blend Tete-a-Tint over Brash and up towards the brow. With a fluffy crease brush, smoke out the outer corner with Spiced Chocolate, bringing some color into the crease.

Darken the outer V with Signed, Sealed using a round crease brush. Define the eyes with a soft black gel eyeliner (Blitz & Glitz) and flick out to create a small wing. Clean up the blended area on the outer corner of the eye with a tissue or cotton bud. Darken the lower lash line with Spiced Chocolate and further darken the outer portion, joining up to the wing with Signed, Sealed. Complete the eye makeup by filling in the brows and applying generous coats of mascara.

This look was loosely inspired by TiffanyD. I kinda didn't intend on the outcome because I failed to realize that Brash was metallic until the moment I applied it. I improvised after that because metallic in the crease is a big NO especially on "Asian" eyes that don't have much of a deep crease.

Face

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation in #53
Shiseido Natural Finish Cream Concealer in #3
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
MAC Mineralize Blush in Conjure Up

Nothing on the lips since they're rather chapped. Just some lip balm. I had my hair up so my face is looking huge here >.<

Anyway, it's a basic look. Nonetheless, I hope you found this tutorial helpful.

6 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Burnt copper is so warm and pretty on you :)

Hayley said...

I love this color, but never good in using it. hehe ;)

Jen said...

Love the look ^___^ perfect for autumn~

gio said...

What a pretty and warm look, very autumnal.

Jamilla Camel said...

Perfection as always! I really love the Bourjois foundation - and we're the same shade (53)!

Connie De Alwis said...

Rainy Days and Lattes: Awh, thanks :)

Hayley: Give it a go! It's not a very hard color to pull off unless you have cool undertones

Jen: Glad you do! Very autumn appropriate indeed

Gio: Thank you! It's missing a rich shade for the lips though

Jamilla: You're too sweet ;) The foundation is some kind of fantastic. That's the darkest shade available so I didn't have a choice! It matched me, surprisingly! Guess I've gotten fairer

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy