Skin Deco

Monday, October 17, 2011

Beauty Budgeting Chp. 12: Emptying the Bottles

Well, this is embarrassing. More than a year since my last Beauty Budgeting post!
To be honest, I'm now in a hotel and have stupidly not uploaded any pictures first so that I can blog. I found a product pic so I can blog about that! Whee!

Getting back to the subject, I want to brag about how I've managed to empty out some bottles in the past few months and I'm very proud of myself!

You see, when you're a beauty enthusiast like I am, you can't help being intrigued by new products in the market, which usually results in a purchase because that cleanser looked "interesting" or that scrub is "popular".

The Reality: Your bathroom counter holds so much shampoo that you're starting to use it to wash your toilet (I've used a facial cleanser to wash underwear before which is just as bad) and you have enough facial cream/lotion to moisturize a whale.

Not only are we letting products go to waste simply because we've gotten bored of them, we are spending unnecessarily on products that we truly don't need. Yes, I get that I don't need another blusher or eyeshadow... Can't you just let me have my moment? At least I'm making progress...

Which Product Have You Most Recently Emptied?

List of products I've surprisingly emptied after the jump!

Hada Labo AHA+BHA Cleanser
I use this every single day and am now on my 2nd tube. Since using this cleanser, I haven't been too tempted to try any other cleansers.

LinkCellnique Body Plush Emulsion Wash
Although it wasn't fantastic but I was determined to use this up before I could even think of buying any new body wash. Goodness knows I have loads of body wash simply from gifts. So now I'm attempting to use them all up whether or not they're expensive (couldn't bring myself to use L'Occitane daily!) or I don't fancy the scent.

Ettusais AC-Skincare Skin Version Up Extra
I use this every morning so it's not at all difficult to finish this up in less than a year. A refill bottle is available, which I've bought but I'm still scraping the bottom of the bottle.

C. Michael Tricologica Hairomatherapy Scalp Improvement Shampoo
This shampoo is wonderful especially when my scalp's flaky and I've just run out of it. Although I'm very keen on replenishing, I'm trying to use up the rest of the shampoos that I still have.

Maybelline Pulse Perfection Vibrating Mascara
Using up a mascara isn't easy because they dry out before you can achieve that. This one hasn't dried out completely yet but I've used it so much that the battery has run out! AND I haven't bought a new mascara since... a pretty long time!

Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion
This one ran out quite a long time ago but though I loved it, I was too annoyed by the patting so I'm using a different brand now. Oh, I've recycled the bottle :) *pats self*

Madara Deep Comfort Toner
I love love love this toner and I'm trying to not let it run out! I still have 2 bottles of toner to go through before I'd allow myself to buy a new one and I can't bear to live without the Madara DCT so I'm using this very sparingly. Mostly when my skin's feeling very sensitive.


Now to do the same when it comes my makeup... Mission impossible!

16 comments:

@DdY said...

Currently doing the same too. Too much products bought, now crazily finishing them. Thus, lacking new posts on blog at the same time O.o

Connie De Alwis said...

@Ddy: Ah... buying new stuff so that I'd have something to blog about used to be the classic excuse! Truth be told, I have soooo many stuff that I haven't even opened let alone blog about >.< I'm quite terrible

Cliché said...

Oh I'm the same with you too Connie! ): I have tonnes of unopened makeup lying around its almost juvenile ): Yes, makeup seems impossible to finish off but hey who says its not possible! :D all the best Connie! :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Cliche: There's a lot of makeup that I know I won't end up using so what I've been doing is giving them out but of course parting is always hard! Skin care is a lot easier to empty out but makeup would be very very difficult. I can't imagine using the same blush or eyeshadow every single day! Thanks for the encouragement! I need a pan project!

dom said...

great post! i do find it hard to empty out my bottles, so i force myself on a beauty diet :S. doesn't help that my shampoos are the giant salon sizes too. so far i've emptied out the following:
1) laura mercier mineral foundation
2) two of my tanamera body shampoos (the one bought during a sale)
3) mandom water cleanser (this one always finishes anyway, and i repurpose this to decant my shampoos into)
4) one of my colgate toothpastes! (sounds stupid but i have 3 toothpastes by my sink).

plue said...

good post! i am doing the same thing too :) trying to clear out my stuff before putting in new ones, like @dom says, beauty diet!

gio said...

I do try and finish my skincare and haircare products before trying new ones.. but I can't seem to do the same for makeup lol. That's so hard to finish!

gio said...

I do try and finish my skincare and haircare products before trying new ones.. but I can't seem to do the same for makeup lol. That's so hard to finish!

Connie De Alwis said...

Dom: Toothpaste doesn't count! I have about 4 toothpastes also k :p But congrats on the rest! I don't think I can finish up my makeup but hitting pan should be quite an accomplishment!

Plue: After awhile, trying out new stuff isn't such a rush anymore right?

Gio: I know it's getting really bad when reason to put makeup in the morning even though I'm rushing is so that my makeup gets used!

Loi said...

A big bottle of lotion that was sent by a relative from the States. I don't use it often because I use lotion that has SPF and that one doesn't have any. So it ended up being only used at night. And it took a really long time to empty it.

www.laestetica.com.ph
www.squidoo.com/get-to-know-dr-almond-derla

plue said...

nope, trying out new stuff isn't really a rush anymore, ahahaha, taking my own sweet time to enjoy the things i have :P

Paris B said...

Almost finishing my Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free moisturiser and lotion (as in scraping the bottom for remaining), finishing my Eucerin body wash, finished shampoo & conditioner. Makeup? forget it. Not even gonna try :P

Connie De Alwis said...

Loi: Products that can't be used day and night would definitely take twice the time to finish up! I've only ever finished up one tube of lotion and only because it's a small one.

Plue: True that! I'm starting to rediscover products that I've been neglecting

Paris B: Wow! Considering how much products you have, that's great! Haha. I thought you wanted to initiate the pan project? :p

Bun Bun Makeup Tips said...

GOSH! Which cleanser was that? So bad that you could use it as a detergent??? LOL!

I love the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion too! What are you using the empty bottle for?

missroum87 said...

haha. totally can relate to this post. Im currently in that mission too and so far so good. I can see my bathroom getting lesser and lesser bottles and stuffs. Phewww~ I use to buy too many shampoos that i ended washing my hair twice in one washing and squirt like whole palm of my hand.

Connie De Alwis said...

Bun Bun: LOL!! It was actually this Fair & Lovely foaming cleansing wash that my ex housemate left behind in the bathroom. I didn't wanna use it nor throw it away so it became detergent. Lathers well!

I use the bottle to dilute my feminine wash.

Missroum87: It's a relief to be emptying the bottles, right? I wouldn't overuse the products too. A bit of a wastage, don't you think? Lol.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy