Skin Deco

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lady Gaga Failed Tutorial + Teal & Purple Meet-up Look

I'm really starting to suck with titles, aren't I?

Last week I asked on Twitter and Facebook for a tutorial request and I decided to go with the Lady Gaga Viva Glam II look. It was my first time attempting to record a video using my Lumix LX5 with a proper tripod so I totally screwed up the angle. Long story short -- No video tutorial! *pouts*

Allow me to continue rambling after the jump.
And.... guess which awesome beauty blogger I recently got to meet? At long last!

Even though the tutorial failed, I would still like to reattempt this look because I went with pixiwoo's choice on the lower lashline colors (main feature of the eye-makeup) and they ended up looking very off ie. purple, on my skin. For the rest of the shades used, I'm pretty satisfied with them. I better get it right the next time 'cause I only have one more pair of those daily disposable lenses, which I think are the best match to Gaga's eye color in the photo.

Here's what I used:

Face:
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in #6
Anna Sui Spot Concealer in 03
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder in #2

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Paint in Stilife
MAC Pigment in Gold Mode
MAC Pigment in Gold Stroke
Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten
MAC Eyeshadow in Tete-a-Tint
MAC Eyeshadow in Chamomile
MAC Eyeshadow in Sketch
MAC Eyeshadow in Signed Sealed
Maybelline Hypersharp Liquid Liner
I Nuovi Fluidliner in Noir
I Nuovi Fluidliner in Light
Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara
CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Waterproof in Very Black
Shu Uemura Hard 9 Eyebrow Pencil in Seal Brown
Chamayu Brows Up in 1K (to tint the brows -- love it!)

Lips:
RMK Lip Liner in 09 Silver Brown
MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Call My Bluff
NYX Megashine Lipgloss in Taupe

Moving on...

Last week, the girls and I finally got to meet Jenn from Lipglosseater! We've been wanting to meet up for the longest time and it's finally happened! It was just a brief gathering so I can't wait for the next! Road trip!

This weekend I'll be meeting another very special beauty buddy... All the way from the Philippines... Wanna take a gander at who that may be? ;)

This was the look that I wore to the meet-up and to work as well. I was really starting to miss my MAC Electric Eel which I've blended with something... I can't remember what... I think it was MAC Signed Sealed and the purple was Burberry Midnight Plum (one of my favorite shadows for lower lashlines). There was NYX Brown in the crease as well.
Rant: My MAC Rollickin' (light-medium teal with fine gold flecks) Paint Pot dried out!!!!!!! It's my favorite Paint Pot of all time! I can't find a dupe for it and I'm really hoping that MAC would repromote it. It's been 4 years since it came out! :(

11 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

You look gorgeous what ever the angle! What a great blogger meet!

Connie De Alwis said...

Thank you :) It's just too bad that the video didn't capture what I was doing at all! Blogger meets are always fun and I never get tired of them!

dom said...

great look at the end! can't wait to see your retry on gaga's look. i still think that it looks really nice :)

Askmewhats said...

Ahhh so you're meeting someone from the Philippines huh? I heard she's GORGEOUS, SEXY and OOOHHHZZZING with APPEAL! *laughs*

I can't wait to see your gorgeous face!!!! :)

gio said...

Both looks are very pretty!

Jenn said...

People, the 2nd look is absolutely gorgeous in person! And Connie has greattt skin, so convince her not to use foundation anymore! lol! :D

It was GREAT to meet you girls too... too bad i had to leave early (another reason to hate school). We need to meet up again soon... ROADTRIP YES! :D

Nikki: I heard that person from Philippines is really hot too!!! Its a shame that i won't be around to see her in person! T_T

Lifecell said...

Hello, This is really very amazing. You are looking gorgeous.

Hayley said...

Lady Gaga's makeup is always bold and unique! Looking forward to more of her looks from your blog :P

l y n said...

Wow! Very very gorgeous! You really rock the nude lips, baby! Sorry about the video not working out though.

Loi said...

You look pretty on both make-up!!!

www.laestetica.com.ph

teeth whitening reviews said...

hey connie ... being fellow malaysia too.. i found out that I become a fan of you .. you look so pretty... who cares about lady gaga .. you are you and you are beautiful...

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy