Skin Deco

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Finally!! -- Review: Maybelline HyperSharp Liner

About time they came up with a decent pen liner that doesn't break the bank!

Having gone through a number of pen liquid liners, including the popular K-Palette Liner and MAC Penultimate, I haven't had one that truly satisfied like the Maybelline HyperSharp Liner did. Lotree came very close but it had more of a gel-liner finish.

Read on for my thoughts and swatches!

I will always prefer gel liners over liquid (reason unknown) but it's hard not to like this one! Sometimes when I'm on-the-go, I'll just need my eyebrow pencil, eyelash curler, mascara and the Maybelline HyperSharp Liner to look somewhat presentable.

The brush tip is really fine and gives good resistance to create a thin and controlled line. I haven't had any problems with the color not showing up or not coming out smoothly. While the ink is pigmented and glossy, it's not a very dark black but I can live with that.

With enough drying time, the liner doesn't lift off when I curl my lashes, which is a big plus. I believe it claims to be waterproof but it still smudges a little in the inner corners but overall, it's pretty long-wearing.

You know what pleases me the most? The fact that it's priced at an affordable RM23.90! For that price, this is a very very decent product. It's probably not the best there is but I like it enough to use is quite often simply because it's easy to use and you can count on it to get the job done.

I can finally stop hunting for an affordable liquid pen liner! Yay!

Available in most healthcare stores eg. Watsons, Guardian.

5 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Great liner! I'm impressed!

gio said...

The color is pretty! Thanks for the review.

domncroxd said...

cheaper than my empro! now i feel cheated. it looks like a mini weapon of destruction though.

xin said...

i really like the convenience and fuss free of this liner, but i find that i can't control the thin tip well, i tend to poke into my eye or under my lid ><

Mark said...

Nice post.....Beauty is of two kinds, GOD-Gifted and achieved by artificial means. Both type of beauty needs care and attention; beauty makes you attractive and appealing. ctbuyer.com is a skin solution website that provide detailed information about advanced skin care products and treatments related to skin and beauty.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy