Skin Deco

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Shading Made Easy -- Review: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder

The honeycomb motif may make The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder look like a MAC Naked Honey Collection knockoff but this one's certainly not a dupe.

In a league of its own, this pretty-looking pan has successfully made shading (a makeup step that I've never really bothered to do cuz I kinda suck at it) easy.

Read on...

The decently-sized bronze ombre compact is slim and comes with a mirror on the other side of the lid.

The shade that I have is 01 Light Matte which is barely a shade darker than my skin tone. How did manage to shade is still dumbfounding to me. Texture wise, the powder is very finely-milled and smooth as well as lightweight compared to regular compact powder. While the shade says it's "Matte", there seems to be a hint of glow but without any shimmer.

I apply the bronzing powder using the Sigma F35 Tapered Highlighter brush, focusing on areas such as the hollows of my cheeks, jawline and temples.

When swatched, the color seemed almost invisible but somehow or rather, it shades! Effectively, if I may add. I've never really bothered to shade because it takes some skill to blend and not get harsh angles. Until now! I can do a sloppy job and still get the effect. Keep in mind though, I'm using the lightest shade so the effect isn't drastic but it's still substantially visible and work-appropriate. It provides just enough shading to make my face look more shapely even without blush.

This one's a keeper for sure. At RM69, I'd say the price is not too bad at all considering the amount of product given. I've been using it quite often and the honeycomb pattern is still there. Available in 4 matte shades.

On another note, here's one product that isn't worth RM89. The Honey Bronze Brilliance Powder it meant to act as an illuminator but what it gives is plain glitter. No color or glow... just glitter. And it comes in a tube with an attached brush (soft, at least).

I'm not saying that it's a bad product. However, this is one of those novelty products that you will rarely use unless you have a good reason to be covered in glitter.

5 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Really pretty and subtle!

xin said...

it gives your cheeks a really good contour and it is affordable ;) i haven't looked at TBS make up for a long long time

gio said...

That looks great on your cheeks and so subtle. Love it!

l y n said...

I've been trying to look for a contouring powder and wonder if this will suit my skin tone? It looks so good on you!

Connie De Alwis said...

Jamilla: I like that it's subtle too :) Thanks

Xin: Not too bad, yeah? TBS products are you usually a hit or a miss but this time around, this one's pretty impressive!

Gio: Thanks!

Lyn: Thank you :) I think it should work on you. The color's practically my skin tone so if I just dust it all over, it only gives my skin a very very light glow but when I go heavy-handed, it contours. If I'd really wanted a contouring shade, I'd go for one that's at least 1 shade or 2 darker. Best part is it blends really well

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy