Skin Deco

Friday, August 26, 2011

Meet My Fave Everyday Palette -- Revlon CustomEyes

When I first got this palette, I was less than excited. The colors were nothing spectacular. They blended out sheer. And the sponge applicator wasn't too useful, as usual.

So, how on earth did an unimpressive palette ended up being my favorite everyday palette to use for now?

Find out after the jump! I've thrown in a tutorial as well :)

Revlon CustomEyes in 020 Naturally Glamorous
Shades: #5, #4, #3, #2, #1

It's your average plasticky 5-color eyeshadow palette with complementary shades of neutrals. Because I wanted to review this, I attempted to make it work a couple of times but it was just so "blah". Then, off into the drawer it went, uncertain if it's to be used again.

One day, as I was packing some makeup to travel with, I was rummaging around for eyeshadows that were work-safe and wouldn't take up too much space. This Revlon CustomEyes palette turned up and I was like, "It's sheer and boring. Why not?". The next morning when I was applying my makeup, I realised that I've forgotten to pack my eyeshadow brush. Since I highly dislike sponge applicators, I went in with my fingers instead. That was the defining moment.

Yep. Some eyeshadows simply work with good ol' fingers.

Apply Shade #1 over the lid and fade it out towards the brow. Then, apply Shade #4 just up to the crease. After that, apply Shade #2 onto the outer corner. To darker the outer corner, use Shade #1 and smudge the color towards the lash line as well.

Highlight under the brow with Shade #3 and apply mascara. To smudge some color onto my lower lashline, I use the pointy side of the sponge applicator (only purpose it has).

I realised that when I used a brush, the color washes off and when I used the sponge, the color applies really sheer. Using my fingers gave the best color intensity (though the colors are still relatively sheer by my standars) and it blends so much better. The texture's very smooth and the color looks prettier too.

Now, whenever I don't have much time to decide on my makeup or when I travel for work, I reach for this palette. It's light and slim, has all the colors that I need to create a complete eyeshadow look and applies fantastically without a brush!

Retails for RM49. Available in several varieties but I kinda only like this one. The Smoky Sexy (blue) one looks pretty good as well but they're not really my kind of colors (too cool).

Oh wow. This is something. I don't think I've liked a drugstore eyeshadow this much since the Beautilicious Victoria Palette. I'm not usually a fan of local drugstore eyeshadows.

8 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

This is a great palette!

belledemoiselle said...

Lovely! And your eyebrows are amaaaaazing, Connie! :)

x
ksuan

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

What a versatile palette :) I love Revlon eyeshadows.

Askmewhats said...

wow, they look really good and super pigmented! Lovely eye makeup!

Bun Bun Makeup Tips said...

Nice eyebrows! =)

Idol Lash said...

They look ravishing! I love them!

Donna ♥ Baby said...

ive never seen this palette before but i love it! really small and convenient for everyday. love the look you did also :)

Liyana said...

You can NEVER have too many neutral eyeshadow palettes! Even with the amount of good old earth-tone colours i possess in my kit, i simply had to try this one out. And i find that i constantly reach for this palette as well. I especially LOVE the bronze. You did a lovely look here too with it. Nice!

www.letsnotkissandjustmakeup.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy