Skin Deco

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Best Gel Eyeliner EVER!

Gel eyeliners are my thing.

I've tried all sorts of brands -- MAC, Bobbi Brown, Stila, Kate, Smashbox, etc.

Though I've been contented with a few, I've never had one blown me away quite like this one did.
And finally, I found a purple one that works! Never really had much luck with the purples...

Curious?

Meet the Inglot Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner!

Just by looking at the dip you can see how emollient (I'm trying not to say "moist" *cringes*) this liner is. And believe me, it's very emollient indeed! No tugging and scratching -- just a silky smooth line.

The color is very pigmented so the color in the jar is what you're gonna get on your lids. Best of all, the color STAYS vibrant throughout the day! Now, I shall tell you how smudge/waterproof it is. It may need a minute to completely dry, but once it sets, it will. Not. Budge. I can freely curl my lashes and not have the liner lift off. I can jog, cry, rub my eyes; it'll stay put!

With this amazing feature comes a damper though. You'd have to be confident with your eyelining skills or you'd get skin-burn from rubbing off any mistakes. However, the liner does come off clean with a waterproof makeup remover.

More to love about this gem:

The Size
5.5 grams! (MAC gives you 3g, Stila gives 4g). It's packaged in a light plastic jar rather than bulky glass jars that gel liners usually come in.

The Color Selection
An impressive array of 20 colors to choose from! I had a very hard time forgoing the Teal (#87) for the Purple (#74). Now all they need is to come out with a shimmer line and no other gel liners should ever need to exist.

The Price
RM48. Not bad at all considering how much product you're getting and the awesome quality.

Inglot is available in Sunway Pyramid. ONLY T_T Gotta get my butt over there to grab a few more colors!

20 comments:

annyss said...

nice one! cheaper than MAC and totally worth it. I'm gonna give a this a shot! Thank you connie!

Connie De Alwis said...

Annyss: Yup! Cheaper than MAC for sure! Welcome :) Hope you'll love it as much as I do

socialitedreams said...

i'm impressed, most purples don't show up well! i want some inglot liners badly now :D been coveting their products anyway, this just amps it up


Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

Arhani "Hanny" Daforcena said...

I want it in white, blue, black and green!

Alpha Blonde said...

I'm sold! So glad they ship to the USA, Thanks for the review!

Joyce {MakeupByJoyce88.blogspot.com} said...

Mac's gel liner dries out. I wonder if the Inglot liner will do the same.

Connie De Alwis said...

Vonnie: Exactly! I've tried many including MAC's Macroviolet. None of them showed up as well as this one did. I'm still working through my haul :D

Hanny: The dark green is quite pretty!

Alpha Blonde: Welcome! :)

Joyce: All gel liners dry out eventually. Just a matter of when. I've had this Inglot one for about 2 months and I use it at least once every week. So far, the product has not separated from the sides.

xin said...

gah! i should have gotten one too with the 20% that day!

Hayley said...

Really that nice, Connie? Is it only available in Sunway Pyramid? Erm, what about those cosmetic stores at the airport? It's an internation brand right?

Sue said...

I got the teal one and I love it

Askmewhats said...

Inglot I've read how great this brand is over and over on different blogpost! This gives a very good pigmentation and the color came out really nice!

Jean said...

Cool! I love gel liner too! and my current love is Tsuya-Tsuya (but they only have black, brown and purple, all come with shimmer). If it really doesn't smudge and stay up long hours then it's my thing!!! Might go get one from Inglot to try as the price is quite affordable as well!!

gio said...

It is so hard to find a purple liner with good color payoff but this looks so pretty and pigmented! I will have to check it out, thanks for the review.

Jamilla Camel said...

OK, I'm getting back to the Inglot store s soon as I can! Thanks for the review!!!

Monique said...

Wow, that color is amazing. Thanks for the review

neegee said...

I swatched it in the shop and it wouldnt come off even when I tried rubbing it. Somehow it reminds me of paint. The packaging felt plasticky though. For rm48, it was quite worth it though. :)

Delyteful Speaks said...

I've had the bobbi brown one for about a year now and yah it was nice but it wasn't as black as I wanted to be.. So I went to Inglot 2 weeks ago and got their gel line and fell in love!!!!

I understand what u mean when you talk about how "emollient" it is.. It's just super smooth and super black! I love it!! Will definitely try out more shades!

Hebridean Sprite said...

How is it on the waterline? Sounds really lovely though I so want to try it now!

Donna ♥ Baby said...

i love this!

Mandy said...

Whr can i get Inglot eyeliner and ben nye product in Malaysia?

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy