Skin Deco

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Para bai Bella Bamba! -- Review: Benefit Bella Bamba

When all the bowls of porridge looked equally tempting, my Goldilocks syndrome would kick in. Benefit has, up until now, come up with 9 Box-O-Powders and having literally tested all of them at some point, I never did find one that I really liked. Dandelion was too pastel, Georgia was too sheer, Dallas was too plum and Hoola was a bronzer. 10 looked odd, Coralista went on powdery, Thrrrob was too pinky and Sugarbomb was barely frosty.

And then there was Bella Bamba… FINALLY!

If I’m being honest, I bought Bella Bamba out of an e-mail shopping frenzy. It’s a PINK blush! What other reason would I have had to buy a PINK blush? With GLITTER! But bought it, I did.

Many had told me that while the blush is very pretty, it is also quite pigmented and may appear clownish when applied too much. I guess what appears clownish on fair skin is just nice for me. Bella Bamba certainly has much better pigmentation compared to all the other Box-O-Powders.

Bella Bamba stood out very much from the other Benefit Box-O-Powders mainly because it is the only box that came with an attached lid and mirror. Not that they make much of a difference but hey, they’re improvements nonetheless.

As for the pink, it is certainly undeniable but it’s a warm pink that flatters my warm complexion quite well! While the gold glitter looked prominent in the box, it simply added a tasteful touch of glow to my cheeks. The more I wear this blush, the more I’m in love with it. These days with not much time to spare in the morning for makeup, I’d reach for foolproof products and Bella Bamba is completely idiot-proof. I can always count on it to look good and add some life to my complexion. The texture may not look too finely-milled but very much on the contrary, this blush blends excellently.

I can’t say I’m a fan of the small scratchy brush that came with the blush but it does deposit the glitter better. That aside, Bella Bamba is easily one of my all-time favorite blushers. Oh, and it smells good!

Retails for RM130. I got mine from the International website for USD$28

9 comments:

Eve said...

looks so pretty!
yeah the brush is kind of useless!hehe

Hayley said...

The packaging is unique, very 'clubbing' kinda look, LOL (If you know what I mean =P)

Shopcoholic said...

looks lovely on you!

gio said...

I don't really like the packaging, it looks tacky to me. But the blush is gorgeous. It looks lovely on you!

Bun Bun Makeup Tips said...

Oooh! I love the smell of Benefit box powders! I have Dandelion and it is just right for my fair skin. =)

AndreaLiciouse said...

Love it!!!

Jamilla Camel said...

Benefit does have cheesy packaging, but the Bamba looks great on you!

Connie De Alwis said...

Eve: Well, still usable in the absence of a brush which was my only reason to even get it out of the plastic anyway

Hayley: Hehe. yeah. discoball effect

Shopcoholic: Thanks! :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Gio: As with most Benefit products but I have a weakness for tacky ;)

Bun Bun Makeup Tip: I can certainly imagine Dandelion to look great on fair skin

AndreaLiciouse: Me too :D

Jamilla: They are up there with the cheesy but I love the color nonetheless :)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy