Skin Deco

Monday, June 6, 2011

Mother's Day with a Garnier Surprise

Mom and I have always kept Mother's Day low-key. Having been very close to my mom growing up, it seemed like we had bonding time practically everyday! It didn't have to be Mother's Day for us to spend time together.

But a few years back, mom moved to the outskirts while I remained in the city to continue my studies. Drowning in new commitments and now work, I haven't been able to spend time with my mom as much as I want to. Since then, I've tried to make Mother's Day just a little bit more special.

This year, Garnier was my "partner in crime"...

Mom's usually busy on Sundays so we celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday instead. I asked her where she wanted to go for lunch and she chose Chili's. I won't say it's a tradition but Chili's was a place that we frequent as I was growing up and we always ordered the same thing (the mushroom jack Fajitas) to share. We also made appointments to get our nails done after lunch.

The plan with Garnier was to surprise mom in the middle of lunch at 1:30pm. I got to Chili's earlier to inform the staff that I'm expecting flowers so that he could direct the delivery person to our table.

At 1:30pm with no sign of the delivery person, I was starting to get anxious. I had to excuse myself (loads of white lies!!) to make phone calls and talk in circles when I got a call from the delivery person. We had to leave for our appointment which was in another location so I had to stall...

Ultimately, I got the delivery person to change his route and go to our 2nd destination. When mom and I arrived at the salon, he was there waiting with a bunch of roses. Mom was very surprised indeed!

Thanks, Garnier!

Last year, mom and I went for a mother-daughter photoshoot. A fun for rather odd experience (not good with the poses!).

5 comments:

Paris B said...

That is sooo sweet! I don't think I took my Mom (or Dad) out for either day. I take them out when they are around all the time so I sometimes cook instead :D I do like that pic of the both of you last year. Awkward poses or not, you both look so happy!

Tine said...

What a beautiful mother-daughter photo! And it was so lovely of you to plan such a surprise.

Hayley said...

Wow, your mum looks so young la!!

gio said...

How sweet! You two look lovely together.

thorleygreen said...

I like this site ,well Garnier is my one of favorite brand .

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy