Skin Deco

Monday, May 23, 2011

Odd-Colored Blushes: Laneige + Anna Sui

Two brands. Two fancy packagings. Two unusual color combinations.

Double happiness? Not quite, sadly.


First up, we have the Laneige Fresh Modernist Blusher in 01. In the pan is a combination of 3 colors -- purple, peach and beige. Peculiar color combo indeed. There's a little brush in there, which I don't use.

I love the psychedelic holographic design on the casing. Though, it's kinda bulky for a blush. My thoughts on the color below.

As always, you can count on Anna Sui to come up with beautiful packaging. The white design on the blush is an overspray so it came right off with the first swipe.

03 is a dirty peachy pink paired with an orangey yellow. In theory, it would've produced a warm peachy blush but it in reality, not so much. Thoughts on the color below.

On the left is the Laneige Fresh Modernist Blush. The color's pretty pleasant but nothing special to the point that they needed to have three separate colors to produce just one. The blush is very very sheer so using them alone doesn't produce much color at all. I'd still use it since the color's alright but I'm just not very excited over it.

On the right is the Anna Sui Double Cheek Color in 03. The color turned out to be an unflattering orange. And trust me, I've worn orange blushes before. This one just looked muddy and I can't think of what kind of skin tone that would be able to pull it off. I tried using more of the pink but it was nothing special at all.

Both blushes don't come cheap either. Laneige is RM115 and Anna Sui's RM91. I'm sorry. I wish I could be more enthusiastic but I'm not. Thank goodness for Benefit's Bella Bamba. Did I tell you that I'm in love with it? I really need to review it!

5 comments:

Hayley said...

Hmmm.. the package is very colorful! I love the design too~

airelav said...

The Laneige doesn't even really show up! And honestly, I actually kind of like how the Anna Sui one looks. I think it would look good on my skin tone, though I'd have to try it out. Still, colors like that aren't worth their price. Better luck next time =/

Ada said...

Wow, both seem really sheer! So underwhelming :|

gio said...

The Laneige one looked so interesting in the pan but it's a shame it's so sheer and nothing special when applied. :(

Askmewhats said...

wow, those are totally unique on pan but they look natural on your skin! :)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy