Skin Deco

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Clearing The Bush -- Brazilian Waxing @ Honeypot Wax Boutique

Since my first Brazilian waxing experience, I was eager to have another go to see if it can get any better. My next stop was Honeypot Wax Boutique and it did get better. A lot better.

Read on for my experience and a mini tour...

The salon occupied a rather small space but it is very quaintly decorated with many beautiful touches such as the chandelier and the Victorian-style chairs. Honeypot Wax Boutique, located in Bangsar Shopping Centre, started in Singapore and this would be their first branch in Malaysia.

The room kept with the pink theme and was also narrow but sufficient, nonetheless. What I didn't like was the fact that the foot of the bed was facing the door. As I was laying on the bed butt-naked, I was imagining the mortification if the door opened and someone were to walk pass and looking in at the same time. And you know very well that humans have a compulsion to look through an open door! Also, I couldn't find a dustbin to throw in my used wet wipes.

What Honeypot lacked in layout, was made up for by the service. I had my upper lip, underarms and southern region done. My therapist, Corine, is, in a nutshell, wonderful.

Unlike my first experience, I felt ten times more comfortable and relaxed. There was close to no awkwardness and Corine was very easy to talk to. Time went by so fast and before I knew it, I was done. The entire process took about 45 minutes.

With 5 years of experience under her belt, Corine sure knew her way around the bush. She knew how to calm me down during the painful parts, which I'm grateful for.

In fact, I liked Corine so much that I was convinced to get a feminine wash that was RM75. A very hefty price tag for a feminine wash and well... I well... hmmm... Anyway, I've been using it and it's not too bad. It's very concentrated so I dilute it with water in a separate bottle. Um... let's just drop this. I can't justify this purchase. I was in the moment.

Here comes the best part about Corine's job well-done: no painful ingrown hairs and unbearable itchiness! Well, some but very very very manageable. That was really my biggest concern from the first experience. This time, I only applied aloe vera gel like once and didn't really do much but the hair grew out alright. As per before, the waxing effect lasts a lot longer than shaving or trimming. It's been a month and the bush hasn't grown back enough for another wax.

I was also very happy with my underarm wax as my pits looked a lot brighter and the hair growing out was a lot finer. However, the growing-out stage was quite treacherous. I had to consciously avoid lifting up my arms or wear sleeveless clothes. And of course, endure The Boy's constant teasing.

Will I go back to Honeypot Wax Boutique? Most definitely!

Upper Lip -- RM12
Underarm -- RM30
Brazilian -- RM30 to RM115 (The one I did was Hollywood which was RM98)

1 comments:

Geri said...

Hie ... stumbled upon your blog when googling for Brazilian waxing. I had my virgin trip to Honeypot as well in 1U yesterday and I have to agree with you Corrine was awesome and it was a near pain-free experience. Will definitely make a trip back there again! :)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy