Skin Deco

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Review: Lip Gloss C + Lip Gloss R

I'm sure you can witness with your own eyes how Anna Sui lures us packaging-driven girls in. They've certainly put a lot of thought into creating a packaging with such detail for the Anna Sui Lip Gloss C and Anna Sup Lip Gloss R.

Looks aside, were they just as creative when it came to the content?

Take away the fancy packaging and the iconic rose scent (which I've grown to be quite fond of), you'll be left with just another lipgloss.

Don't get me wrong. The gloss is pretty decent whether it's an Anna Sui gloss or not. The texture's not too sticky and goopy. The finish does give quite a bit of shine and it lasts just as long as any other lipgloss. Also, I quite like the tiny applicator wand.

For Lip Gloss C (top) I have it in shade 700 while for Lip Gloss R (bottom), I have it in shade 750. If I'm not mistaken, C stands for "Clear" and R stands for "Rich". As you can see, Lip Gloss C is a clear transparent type of gloss while R is more pigmented and opaque.

750 is an everyday color that you really can't go with if you're into nude-ish neutral tones. However, I find that it's slightly lacking in the shine factor. Surprisingly enough, I prefer shade 700 which is transparent but with a somewhat metallic pink sheen from the fine glitters. It's actually very pretty in real life and a lot shinier than it makes out to be in the pictures.


Still, to justify paying RM75 each for these glosses, you may wanna take a second look at the packaging. What can I say? I'm a sucker for packaging.

5 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

The packaging is gorgeous!! :) Agreed! The lip glosses look nice and sparkly :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Good looking glosses overall but I do particularly like the more sparkly one :)

gio said...

The glosses are very pretty! Love the packaging too.

Connie De Alwis said...

Gio: Gotta love Anna Sui's packaging :)

milano said...

The lip glosses looks very nice and sparky and the packagings are wonderful. Thanks for good stuff.
agenzia modelle

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy