Skin Deco

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Review: Ettusais AC-Skincare Skin Version Up Extra

I am often dumbfounded by Japanese skin care. It's not unusual to come across all sorts of funny bunny stuff that one has no clue what they're meant to do.

Can you honestly tell me that you'd know what the Ettusais AC-Skincare Skin Version Up Extra does if nobody were to tell you or if you didn't read the description? Heck, I read the description and couldn't understand what it was for. In fact, I still don't.

And yet, I've been compelled to using it every single day. Wanna know why? Read on...

Before I tell you my interpretation of this product, I'll show you what the description on the back of the bottle and the website says:

Bottle:
"The modern care solution for adults with acne prone skin. formulated with AC control Oil. Fragrance free, colorant free, mildly acidic. Skin moisturizing ingredient: isostearyl alcohol. Quickly penetrates deep into skin surface with softening ingredient. Create soft and plump skin after blends well with toner"

Website:
"Before you decide to slap on any of the good stuff, prime your skin with this permeation promoting liquid so that your skin's horny layer is softer, more moisture absorbent and less 'hydrophobic' Formulated with AC Control oil to suppress acne and optimize your skin's natural moisture. "

Based on the description, it's some sort of pre-toner booster used to aid the absorption of the skin care applied later while containing ingredients to control acne and oil as well as moisturize the skin.

Errr..... ohkay....

Out of the pump is a gel-like fluid that's slightly oily. Applied beneath my regular skin care, my face would begin to look greasy. What more experience any oil-control.

So why and how do I use it everyday?

This stuff makes an excellent daytime moisturizer for my skin. One pump with nothing else but sunscreen before makeup.

It's lightweight enough to not feel thick and heavy. It's moisturizing enough to feel sufficient and not drying. On its own, it doesn't feel greasy or oily. My skin would feel supple and makeup would sit very well on top of it. Throughout the day, my skin would not get particularly oily either even if it's not matte.

All that was enough to make me diligently use it everyday.

Now that I'm halfway through the bottle, I've realized another important benefit of this whatchamacallit -- it helps to keep acne flare-ups at bay.

Granted, I don't have much problems with pimples but they're inevitable when I'm nearing to that time of the month. Perhaps two or three would pop out. I don't want to jinx it *hugs a tree* but I haven't experienced a major zit ever since I've started using this product, which is close to 3 months.

I haven't changed my already bare minimum regime and top it off with the added work stress from my new job, I'm astonished!

From now on I shall call it the Ettusais Day Moisture Wonder 'cause that's what it is to me.
It retails for RM72/85ml at Ettusais counters (there's one in Isetan KLCC, concourse level and another one in Isetan Lot 10, I think). The refill pack (definitely getting that when I'm done with my bottle) goes for RM62.

9 comments:

Angela said...

Hmm...I tot this is a skin enhancer like d Aqua Label one ?

Donna ♥ Baby said...

LOL the website's description was funny.. maybe cause it had the word horny but thats just cause im immature lol. it does look like its moisturizing i love lotions that are more like a gel/serum based rather than oily

Connie De Alwis said...

Angela: Lol! That would be another description I've learned for this product. At least I know how I like using the product and it's been serving me well so I'll stick with that!

Donna: And that's actually a legit term! But yeah, it does crack up a smile. I love using it as a moisturizer before makeup. Works a treat

Hayley said...

Wow, really an excellent daytime moisturiser? I'm eager to try out~

❤ Ee Von said...

adding this to my list! been looking for a day time moisturizer for soooo long.

Kahani said...

my usual question dear, does it contain dimethicone or cyclomethicone?

Connie De Alwis said...

Hayley: Surprisingly! I have LOADS of moisturizers lying around but I'm always reaching for this one. The price is not too bad either for the size

Ee Von: I was pretty content with what I already had (Vichy and Dr. Brandt) but ever since I've gotten this, I've hardly touched the others :x

Kahani: Unfortunately, it does although they're not the main ingredients :(

Ada said...

I have the exact same acne problem, timing and all, and this sounds pretty good!

Anonymous said...

I kinda like Ettusais product. Im using the liquid foundation n I found it even better than brands like Lancome, BB or even Dior. It stay fresh n clean throughout (for me, 15hours also not a problem) unlike the rest which I felt greyish after long hours wearing them.

I have the day loose powder as well as night loose powder for face. The powder is so fine n smooth. Night loose powder is effective in oil control and it locks moisture during the night n u will wake up with ur face silky smooth (:

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy