Skin Deco

Monday, April 18, 2011

Review: Asience Shine Therapy Hair Care Range

Awhile back, Asience took the Malaysian market by storm with their Inner Rich range. You know.. the shampoo that looks exactly like this one but gold. For the first 2 weeks, Asience Inner Rich was as if the next best thing since sliced bread. Shiny, bouncy and shapely hair... What's not to love? And then as if a spell has been broken, my hair turned into hay.

Since then, Asience has released two more lines of hair care; Nature Smooth (green) and now, Shine Therapy (pink). Despite my less than pleasant experience with Inner Rich, I was forgiving enough to give Asience another chance. The brand did, after all, contributed to two weeks of very happy looking hair. So given the opportunity, I tested the Asience Shine Therapy Shampoo, Conditioner and Treatment.

Did my hair turn into hay? Read on...

1 month on and my hair's still surviving. No signs of it turning into hay yet but as with the previous range, the first 2 weeks of using Asience Shine Therapy was somewhat amazing. Smooth, shiny hair that doesn't rebel. Flicks and curves in all the right places.

Like Cinderella's carriage turning back into a pumpkin at midnight, the glorious hair days were over soon enough. As an improvement from Inner Rich, my hair did not turn into hay this time but it was no gold either. Just its regular old self.

Asience Shine Therapy Shampoo (RM14.90/220ml)

If only my hair can look like this shampoo. All smooth and satiny...
It lathered well, substantially removed build-up and my hair was easy to managed after shampooing. Nothing spectacular but still alright enough to use.

The scent was pleasant at first whiff but at the second whiff, it kinda smelled like floral-scented modeling clay...

Asience Shine Therapy Conditioner (RM14.90/220ml)

Quite obviously it's a silicone-based conditioner (see how it's translucent?) but thankfully, it washes out quite well without leaving any heavy residue. The silky smooth effect was apparent but only after washing, which means it didn't really treat my hair.

Scent is the same as the shampoo's

Asience Shine Therapy Treatment (RM26.80/180g)

I use this intensive treatment once a week and leave it on for about 5-7 minutes before rinsing off. It's a very thick balm-like cream so not a lot of product is required for my short hair.

The effect is similar to the conditioner's except it lasts a bit longer than a day.

-------------

To sum it up, this range is alright for daily maintenance but if you're looking for something that's gonna revive your hair or give some kind of long term effect, I'd look further. Personally, I'm comfortable with this range. It doesn't do my hair any harm thus far and it's good for as long as I'm consistently using it. But it's not to say that I'm no longer shopping around.

4 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Sounds really good! I have the one in gold packaging and it's pretty nice :) I agree it doesn't do anything beyond a basic shampoo but it feels more luxurious than my basic drugstore ones :p

xin said...

argh! i have those shampoo curse too! whatever is working fine for the first week, my hair will turn into oil pot in the 2nd week.

❤ Ee Von said...

smells like modeling clay..? :/ anyway, i'm curious, how do you pronounce the brand? is it ey-science? or asians haha

Connie De Alwis said...

Rainy Days and Lattes: I'm ok with the shampoos. Prefer the conditioners but yeah, nothing special.

Xin: That's not good! :(

Ee Von: Lol! Dunno how else to describe the scent! I pronounce it as ey-science

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy