Skin Deco

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Too Much for the Office? What Do You Think?

Did you really think that I'd resort to soft browns just because I work in a cubicle?

Of course I know my limits and not go to the office with dark smokey eyes or yellow eyeshadow (No, wait. I've tried that!). Nevertheless, I'm still happily experimenting as long as I don't go too far. FYI, Rainbow Eyes would be going too far.

So, to make up for being such a lousy blogger lately, I'll post up my work makeup on the Skin Deco Facebook page (if I can manage) and do a recap on the blog later on.

Check out three work looks after the jump!

Note: The sun isn't fully out when I leave for work so quality of pictures may not be the best.

Tuesday

Eyes: I Nuovi Metallogy Eyeshadow in Tin (lid) + Burberry Eyeshadow in Midnight Plum (outer corner) + Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sabbath (lower lash line)

Cheeks: Ettusais Cheek Color in PK6

Lips: Anna Sui Lip Gloss R in 750

Tip of the Day: Avoid taking makeup pictures so soon after sweating

When you're sweating and taking flash pictures, your skin's gonna look uber blotchy. It's about 7 minutes of brisk walking to get to the office so by the time I tag in, I'd be sweating like I've just been out of the rain (Yes, I'm exaggerating but I do sweat a lot!). Powdering too much is never a good idea for big sweaters.

Thursday

Eyes: Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow in Antique Gold + NYX Eyeshadow in Iced Mocha + Lotree Eyeshadow in #12 (dark navy blue)

Cheeks: MAC Blush in The Perfect Cheek

Lips: Clarins Joli Rouge in Heather Pink

Tip of the Day: If your eyebrows are not in agreement, hide the funny-looking one with your bangs.

I can't stress enough that having well-groomed eyebrows make a world of difference in makeup. If you have no time at all for makeup, the very least you should have neat and defined eyebrows. Sadly, they aren't always obedient and sometimes it's just impossible to get the arch to look right. Thank goodness for bangs.

Saturday (Seminar)

Eyes: Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow in Antique Gold + MAC Eyeshadow in Typographic

Cheeks: Anna Sui Double Cheek Color in 03

Lips: Stila Lip Glaze in Guava

Tip of the Day: If you can't find a highlight eyeshadow, make do with your pressed powder.

Working on a Saturday calls for a little rebellion. Well, a mild one at least. With the right application, even black eyeshadow can be work-appropriate. This one's simply done too with a shimmery eyeshadow base, blended with pressed powder.

10 comments:

Hayley said...

Wow interesting! But Connie, I wear glasses during work, wondering these make up looks suit?

Julia said...

Still okay, I guess. ^^
But I don't like the Thursday lipstick on you. Too light, too cool - or maybe just in the picture?

Lara said...

I don't think these are too much. I also wear this kind of looks to work everyday! LOL

I especially like your Thursday eyes :)

l y n said...

I don't think they are too much and I really like all 3 looks. Very pretty!

Connie De Alwis said...

Hayley: I wear glasses at work too :) Of course, the makeup would be a lot more noticeable without. But in a good way.

Julia: It's the fluorescent lighting. Even my skin looks cool!

Lara: Awesome! I liked Thursday too :)

Lyn: Thanks!

cik chinta said...

nice..

xin said...

hey i envy your spirit to wakeup early enough to put on colors! go connie go!

gio said...

All the looks are gorgeous and I don't think they are too much for the office. :)

Connie De Alwis said...

cik chinta: thanks :)

xin: Haha for the time being la. But then again, I look very "different" when I don't have make-up. Got makeup also look sickly d :p

Gio: Thanks! :D

maybom said...

Hey Connie! I think all of your office looks are great. I'm Asian too and have worked in offices for 20 yrs. My motto has always been to keep it subtle and flattering but that doesn't have to mean beige eyeshadow everyday! Love your site!

Maybo, Vancouver BC
Canada

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy