Skin Deco

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Reviews: Max Factor False Lash Effect + Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash

I like 'em thick and long with a good curve.

Read on...

Before you start reporting this site to the Cyber Nanny, I was talking about my lashes. In this post, we're gonna take a gander at the Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara and the Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash mascara.

Max Factor's entrance to the Malaysian market was highly anticipated with the Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara as the brand's debut. Being a brand well-known for its mascara, especially the 2000 Calorie Mascara, having high hopes for this mascara was bound to happen.

The bulky tube looks like a carrot with a matching silicone-type brush that's surprisingly maneuverable despite its size. It reminded me a lot of the Cover Girl Lash Blast.

Getting a gigantic mess the first you use this mascara should be expected. The formula is very wet and takes at least 10 minutes to dry so in that duration, avoid sneezing. I'm serious! It has happened to me before and well... I'll let you imagine what a sneeze smudge looks like. I had to reapply my under eye concealer.

The formula eventually thickened up and the mascara was starting to grow on me. It separated my lashes, held them up and lengthened quite a bit. However, the effect wasn't really similar to having on falsies and you should know very well that I'm generous with my coats. Nevertheless, I was comfortable with the outcome since my lashes do look significantly enhanced and yet natural. I experienced no smudging and flaking from this waterproof formula.

Retails for RM66 at Max Factor counters. Kinda pricey for a mascara but still acceptable.

My favorite mascara of ALL TIME is the Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash. So, is the Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash just as good?

If you haven't figured it out, "Aqua" refers to the mascara being waterproof. The original Smoky Lash is washable.

Is it just as good? Yes and no. Compared to the original, Aqua Smoky Lash has a slightly drier formula that may clump when I over do the coats. The tube also dries up faster than the original. However, when it came to the effects, they were just as superb. My lashes looked dramatically thicker, longer and curled. The plus point for being waterproof is that I can cry or walk in the rain with this mascara on. While the original doesn't smudge, it comes off with water which is good for removal but not for rainy days.

Retails for RM105 (I think!) at Make Up For Ever counters.

11 comments:

xin said...

hate the wet formula and slow drying of the max factor =/

JC said...

would you recommend max factor or MUFE?

Hayley said...

Wow Connie, you actually have quite alot of mascara do you? ;)
So far, I'm using the Maybelline Magnum Volum and stucked here.... =_=

Cheah said...

I'm currently using Max Factor False Lash Effect and I like it. My eye lashes are not thick and long and by applying Max Factor False Lash Effect, I really can see the "false lash" effect.I don't even have to use eyelash curler

gio said...

Thanks for the review. I'm curious to try the Max Factor one but the wind wand is putting me off. I always make a mess with that kind of wand. But I like how it looks on you. I wouldn't say it looks like false lashes but the effect is still pretty.

Alexandra Aveiro said...

Hi Connie,
I know this might be unrelated but can you please give me a link to the new sgdrugstore thread? Because it seems that he moved thread and I can't find him anywhere. :(

Salome said...

I really love Max Factor's mascaras and this one is by far the best one I've used as far as the final effect is concerned. But they could update the wand: it's a horror to use and sooo messy :/

Connie De Alwis said...

Xin: Mine's a little dried out so it's not too bad now. It's the same with a lot of my mascaras. I won't like them too much new but tend to use them more when they're dried up.

JC: If you don't mind the price, MUFE for sure!

Hayley: What can I say, I love mascaras! But I find I usually reach for just a few :x Maybelline Magnum is a fantastic mascara. Just too bad I can't use it.

Cheah: I haven't tried it with a curler. Glad to know it curls as well! It wasn't as dramatic as I had hoped it to be though.

Connie De Alwis said...

Gio: Yes, the brush is humongous! If you can't get used to the brush, you'll find yourself using it less frequently compared to other mascaras. Especially when I'm in a hurry and don't wanna clean up any messes, I won't use the Max Factor one

Alexandra: Oh, I have no idea that he moved his thread! perhaps you can just search "sgdrugstore" in the member's list and you should be able to find a new thread or something

Salome: I think they can definitely do with a smaller wand. The formula itself is not too bad.

Reem said...

Hi Connie!
I absolutely LOVE the shadows that you are wearing in the pics for the Aqua Smoky Lash, can you share with us what they are and where I can buy them. Thanks so much!!

share market tips said...

I absolutely adore reading your blog posts, the variety of writing is smashing.

This blog as usual was educational, I have had to bookmark your site and subscribe to your feed in i feed.

Your theme looks lovely.Thanks for sharing.

Share Market Tips

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy