Skin Deco

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Review: Ettusais Cheek Colors

When I first saw the Ettusais Cheek Colors, to be honest, I was apprehensive. I usually lean towards warm and golden bronze when it comes to blushers. I wasn't quite sure what to make of two seemingly pastel-colored pots of cutesy blushers. With a mini sponge puff attached no less.

Looks can certainly be deceiving.

Look at that pink. Does that look like anything that I'd normally reach for? It's called "Innocent Dolly Pink" for goodness sake! Also known as PK6. The only reason why I broke into the blush was because I wanted a soft pink blush for a pin-up look that I did. I didn't think that I'd end up liking how much the blush looks on me.

The color was soft yet visible. It appeared matte and yet it gave such an effortless glow. There's shimmer in there but they're incredibly fine that you can't actually see them on your skin but you'd notice the effect. The pink is neither too warm nor too cool. I was very surprised that it worked on my skin tone and I can imagine it to be quite gorgeous on fairer skin tones as well.

Another thing that's surprising about this color is how buildable the color is. I was truly expecting a sheer shimmery blush that's quite typical of Japanese brands but this one's truly unique. It stays on as well.

The Ettusais Sweet Marble Cheek Color is packaged exactly like the Cheek Color but in the pan, instead of just one color, you get a swirl of three. The main color (orange) is the most apparent one, the 2nd color (pink) assists in the blending while the lightest color (pearl) aids in providing the glow.

Shade OR4, again, looks rather pastel but when worn, it can look pretty warm on the skin. The color, although not particularly unique since most of the blushers I have are of similar colors, is very much buildable and blends out well as it is applied.

My biggest gripe about these blushers is how small they are! They're about the size of a Stila Eyeshadow pan. But then again, with the amount of blushers that I have, I probably won't hit pan anytime soon. Another downside would be the packaging. It's not the best-looking kind of packaging you'd come across but it's still cute (mostly due to size). Also, I'm still not feeling the mini attached puff even if it is really soft and smooth.

Ettusais Cheek Color retails at Ettusais counters for RM65 while the Sweet Marble Cheek Color (Limited Edition -- Available March 2011) is RM70. The Marble Cheek Color also comes in pink while the regular line of Cheek Colors come in a mix of pinks and oranges.

*The products featured in this post were provided by Ettusais Malaysia for the purpose of review on Skin Deco

8 comments:

knitties said...

They both look pretty on you! I have not looked at Ettusais for a long time But they do have some cute and girly products.

xin said...

the marble looks really cute! and somehow i prefer mini stuff >.<

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Really pretty! I like it a lot! :)

gio said...

They are very small indeed! But the shades look so pretty!

DeBi said...

marble cheek is so pretty!

EveryDay Makeup blog said...

I've never heard of them but they look so pretty. Both looked really nice against your skin.

Connie De Alwis said...

Knitties: Thanks! To be honest, I haven't looked at the brand at all! But I generally don't go too near pastel-looking stuff so I was pleasantly surprised :)

Xin: Good thing about mini is that they travel well!

Rainy Days and Lattes: me too! :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Gio: If I'm the kind of person to wear only one blush, I'd probably have a problem with the size but I sorta wear a different blush every day so I don't think the size matters too much

Debi: The design is pretty, isn't it? :)

EveryDay Makeup Blog: Ettusais is a pretty low key Japanese brands but they do have a few cult products

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy