Skin Deco

Monday, February 14, 2011

Failed V-day Tutorial

So this was supposed to be the last tutorial for the 2011 V-day Tutorial line-up inspired "Terrified" performed by Katharine McPhee and Zachary Levi. Can't stop listening to that song! Katharine has such a beautiful voice and Zachary looks unusually sexy when he sings ;)

Anyway, I filmed the tutorial, edited it but Windows Movie Maker refuses to save the video. I've tried re-uploading the files and re-editing but nothing has worked. I haven't been able to find a decent video editor that doesn't crash or produce one error after another. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Read on for more pics, items used and explanation on how I did the look.

The music video has nothing to do with this look. The song simply made me think of golden shimmers and deep purples yet soft. Not exactly what I've envisioned but it's still a good combination.

First, I prepped the lid with Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden which is a soft matte yellow. Then, I dabbed a golden shimmer base (KATE Gel Liner in GD-1) on the inner lid. With the Stila #30 brush, I applied MAC Ricepaper (frosty golden beige) on the rest of the lid. After that, using a round crease brush, I applied MAC Sweet Chestnut (maroon) on the outer corner and blended it out with a tapered crease brush, bringing the color into the crease. Then, I placed Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Jet (deep purple) into the outer V and blend that out as well. I darkened the outer V with Urban Decay Black Dog (matte black) and blend. Following that, I applied MAC Pigment in Gold Dusk (frosty pale yellow) over the shimmer base. For the highlight, I used Lotree Eyeshadow in 07 which is a light beige.

Along the lower lash line, I applied Urban Decay Cobra (black with gold specks) and Gold Dusk in the inner corner. For eyeliner, I used Stila Smudge Pot in Pink Noir and then darkened it with Lotree Brush Pen Eyeliner. Just a slim (not too thin) line with a little wing. False lashes would look good with this makeup but a heavy load of mascara would work as well. I used Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara. I kept the brows lightly filled.

For the cheeks, I used MAC Blush in The Perfect Cheek, which is a a sheer matte muted pink. Then, I added some glow with Benefit Sugarbomb.

On the lips, I have on Anna Sui Lip Gloss C in 700. It's a sheer pink with light pink shimmers.

What do you have planned for Valentine's day? I'm keeping it on the low this year :)


14 comments:

Hayley said...

Wow! Your eye make up looks very '3D' in the photo! <3
Happy Valentine's Day to you Connie!

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

SO pretty!!!! :) I think your eyes look extraordinary :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Hayley: Thanks! :)Happy V-day to you

Connie De Alwis said...

Rainy Days and Lattes: Awh, thanks :D

Shopcoholic said...

your skin is super flawless! lovely FOTD.
Happy hearts day!

Choi Ee Von said...

are u using the latest version of movie maker (windows 7)? i had that problem too when i was using the older version. the new one seems to be ok, at least up till now i haven't had crashing problems. n its really convenient, almost like mac's imovie

anyway, i love the look! i second hayley! i couldn't think of a word to describe it until i saw hers, very 3D!! n you're making me lusting after ricepaper..

xin said...

i'd date connie in the black brows n red lips :P

-AnGiEpInK- said...

Absolutely gorgeous look..Love the colors combination that you used..

Happy Valentine's Day to you Connie..Happy always..^_^..

Jenn said...

Love this soft look!! You look all ready for the boy to take you out on a fancy date! :D

I LOVE Katherine McPhee!! <3

Connie De Alwis said...

Shopcoholic: Thank you :) I was wearing the RMK liquid foundation. I've forgotten how good of a foundation it was! Happy hearts day you to too.

Ee Von: I'm using the 2.6 version cuz I remembered not liking the live version back when I was still using vista. Now that I hv Windows 7 I'll give it a try again. Thanks!
Lol I think it's the light and dark contrast that gives it the 3D effect. Ricepaper is an awesome awesome color. I use it all the time for highlight and I can't imagine any other color better (for my skin tone at least). Mine's so shattered up that it's about time I get a new one >.<

Connie De Alwis said...

Xin: haha. more bombshell right?

Angiepink: Thank you! Happy V-day!

Jenn: Glad you do :) Hehe, I wore this look to... dinner at a food court? Not doing much on V-day. Too many people everywhere! Have a great V-day with the hubs!

Sue said...

I think this is very pretty!

gio said...

That's gorgeous! I love the colors you used.

Marked for Glamour said...

Stunning! This is such a beautiful look.

I am awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award, you have such an amazing blog! x

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy