Skin Deco

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Update: It's The Final Countdown

So I've got this fabulous (fake) tan and here I am, cooped up at home. It's the final of my finals. One paper down and two more to go. That would be my notes on the floor. With all the makeup crowding my desk, where'd you think I was gonna study?

Anyway, I'm not big on resolutions because I almost never stick to them so I'm not really making any improbable ones this year.

But I do have one beauty resolution for 2011. Check it out after the jump.

What's your beauty resolution for 2011?


This pic was taken before the tan

This year, I'm gonna try wearing lip colors that are not nude. I know this pink isn't a big deal but hey, baby steps! It's already a lot more color than what I'd usually go for. Who knows? Maybe come 2012 I'd brave myself to wear a deep burgundy or... wait for it... fuchsia! If not, is there a lip color that you're eager to see me wear? As in, with a full look and not just a lip shot!

11 comments:

xin said...

hey u look so sweet in pink! (in a good way of course). good luck to your papers :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Xin: Hehe. Thanks babe

Isabel said...

You look okay with that pink =) I usually stick to nudes. Other colours, even just a tinted lip balm makes me feel off.

Elizabeth said...

I vote that you should try a bold red like Mac Ruby Woo! Even if you don't wear it out, it might be fun to try! :)

theotherworldly said...

opaque creme barbie pink! like the new MAC Nicki Minaj Pink Friday... it's such a spunky colour and looks so good against bronzed skin. I can't pull it off...

gio said...

You look great with pink lips. I would love to see you wearing red lips as that's my resolution. I've just found a red lipstick that looks nice on me but I'm not confident enough to wear it outside the house yet so I just have to brave myself to do that lol.

Good luck with your papers!

Saint Jean said...

Hello, I am a long time silent reader! Just wanted to say good luck with your papers (I graduated last May, still feeling it) and I'm not sure if I remember correctly but I am under the impression you are graduating soon... If so, good luck with that as well! And yes, pink looks gorgeous!

Connie De Alwis said...

Isabel: Haha. I know what you mean! I'd usually wear my lip colors for pictures and that's it. When the camera's off, I'm usually lippy-free

Elizabeth: Ooh, that's a pretty bold red! It's surely be fun to at least try

Connie De Alwis said...

theotherworldly: Wow, that color's gonna take me lots of guts to wear. On tanned skin I can imagine it'd look harajuku-ish

Gio: Thanks :) That's another vote for red! I'd love to see you wearing a red lipstick too

Saint Jean: Glad to see you commenting! Thanks for the luck. I'll surely be needing it! Yup, I'm about to graduate and I'm starting to freak a lil

yummy411 said...

happy new year gorgeous! i like that beauty resolution. i think i might try the same. hmm you could try orange on your lips!

Connie De Alwis said...

Kia: Happy new year, Kia! Orange would definitely be an adventure! I think you're already very brave to rock unusual lip colors :)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy