Skin Deco

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Review: Sasatinnie Super Dolly Powerful Curling Mascara

Usually when I'm asked to recommend a good mascara, I'd say go for the Maybelline Volum' Express range. They're highly affordable, work fantastically and well, not many pricier mascaras have worked better, in my experience. Um, with the exception of my one and only makeup vice, Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash.

I believe it was Ee Von (eevisvain) who made me take a second look at the Sasatinnie Super Dolly Powerful Curling Mascara. Perhaps there is a bigger mascara world out there...

Instead of your regular brush applicator, you get this angled comb wand. I assumed that it would be easy to control but I ended up with a few messes when I was coating my upper lashes. I think it's probably because the bristles are very short so you won't get the feeling of combing through your lashes like how you would with a brush applicator. It reminds me a little of a screw mascara.

However, it applies very well to the lower lashes where less pressure is needed to coat the lashes. Also, the wand itself is flexible so when you swirl it in the tube, you'd be able to pick up the mascara towards the side of the tube... Did that make sense? Basically, less wastage.

I'd say that the effect is pretty darn good in terms of curling, separating and lengthening. It's certainly waterproof as well. What it lacked though, was volume but I did find a way of using this mascara to make me love it. Unlike the Majolica Majorca mascaras that have those pesky fibers in them, Sasatinnie Super Dolly's fibers (at least I think they're there) are super small and fine. So, what I'd do is apply my volumizing mascara first then add a coat of Sasatinnie for lengthening. For those who are more well-endowed, this combo has the potential of making your lashes look like falsies.

If you're looking for a mascara's that up a notch from Majolica Majorca Lash Expander, give Sasatinnie a try. That is if you can get used to the comb applicator.

Retails at SaSa outlets for RM42.90
Also available via Sasa.com

9 comments:

donnarence said...

beautiful..i wish that is available here!

Connie De Alwis said...

Available online! I believe they ship internationally

❤ Ee Von said...

i super love this for lower lashes! time to repurchase :D

Hayley said...

Thanks for reviewing! Seems like a not-so-bad product!! But to be honest, I've not find my ideal tube of mascara.... =_=

Krissy said...

ahh youve totally convinced me to buy this product haha! even though i love my lancome virtuose mascara for curling, i wanna try this one now!

xin said...

hey this one looks damn good!!!!

cosmocraze said...

wow, nice... definitely would buy it..

Connie De Alwis said...

Ee Von: I don't have to repurchase yet. It takes a while to dry up apparently

Hayley: It's never easy finding the perfect mascara! This one's not perfect for me but my perfect one is so pricey T_T Good luck!

Krissy: This one holds a curl really well but make sure you have a good eyelash curler. It probably won't curl lashes up on it own. It's certainly cheaper than Lancome though

Connie De Alwis said...

Xin: Told you long time ago :p But it's pretty good if you're looking for a mascara that separates, holds a curl and lengthens. Not so much on volume

Cosmocraze: If nothing's holding you back, go ahead :)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy