Skin Deco

Monday, January 31, 2011

My Travelling Moisturizers: Steam Cream + Vichy Essentielles

I'll admit that I have far too many moisturizers than my face can possibly absorb which is why I have ones that I dedicate for traveling. With reason too.

When I travel, I look for moisturizers that will maintain my skin when I'm away from my usual skin care and not using any toners or serums. They should also be able to help my skin adapt to different environments such as dry air-conditioning and be gentle enough to prevent irritations.

The Steam Cream and Vichy Essentielles hold a place in my travel bag. They have been serving me well and I believe they'll continue to do so when I'm away for the Lunar New Year.
Steam Cream

What can be handier than a cream that can be used on both the face and the body? I try to keep my skin care to a minimum when I travel so I mostly just bring with me a cleanser, moisturizer and sunblock.

My skin doesn't tolerate air-conditioning well and with the Steam Cream, I can keep my skin from pruning throughout the night. The cream is pretty rich but the amount can be adjusted to what you're comfortable with. Nevertheless, I wouldn't recommend it for day use if your skin has a tendency of becoming oily. I'd sometimes do without a day moisturizer because my skin would be sufficiently hydrated by morning and my sunblock would've provided enough moisture.

There's a rosemary-like scent that may seem rather strong initially but with continuous use, I've finally gotten used to it. In fact, I now find it rather calming. The mousse-cream texture is rather interesting. It's not as thick as most creams nor is it runny like a lotion. With that, I can cover a large area without using too much product.

The tin packaging, while very attractive, probably isn't the most practical for travelling but because I only need just one moisturizer, I have more than enough space for the tin. Just gotta make sure that I close it tight.

Steam Cream comes in all sorts of tin designs. I have another one in Earth. They're available from Serendipity for RM63.

Vichy Essentielles

If you're looking for a fuss-free gentle moisturizer, look no further than the Vichy Essentielles Facial Cream and Vichy Essentielles Emulsion. They're simple, non-irritating and they do what they're supposed to do -- moisturize.

The cream is rich enough for night time and the lotion is lightweight for day time even under makeup. Actually, they make excellent staple moisturizers as well. If I use the cream at home, I'd sometimes add a few drops of the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate for a boost. But what makes these moisturizers ideal for travelling is the compact tube packaging. No heavy jars or pump bottles with the caps going missing.

There's nothing bad that I can say about these moisturizers. They satisfy me well as basic everyday moisturizers wherever I am. They get the job done and nothing else. Just don't hope for anything extra.

The Vichy Essentielles range has a lower price point compared to other Vichy products. Both the Facial Cream and Facial Emulsion are RM35/50ml each.



3 comments:

❤ Ee Von said...

still looking for 'the' moisturizer hehe. i don't want it to just moisturize, gotta have other skincare benefits. looks like steam cream and vichy's not my cup of tea. but great to have read your review still!

Connie De Alwis said...

Ee Von: These are definitely basic moisturizers. For something extra I'm using the Clarins Hydraquench Cream. I've also just started using the Vitacreme B12 which I really like so far.

rosie said...

where did you buy the vichy moisturiser?

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy