Skin Deco

Monday, January 3, 2011

Favorites of 2010 + Beauty Reads of December '10

2010 marked my last year of being a student which means this year, I'll be morphing into an adult -- hunt for a full time job, work towards getting myself a car (though very unlikely!), pay off my student loan, wear clothes other than T-shirt and jeans and perhaps even have a cup of joe every morning. As cliché as this sounds, it's amazing how time flies! Can you tell that I'm twitching?

I've had my blogging buddies prepare me via Tweets and I'll surely be needing them to keep me sane in 2011!
December '10 was a month of temptations...
My Favorite Products of 2010 after the jump!

Skin

Hada Labo Tamagohado AHA + BHA Cleanser
Cleanses very well, keep my whiteheads at bay and smooths my skin. I recently discovered that it makes a pretty decent exfoliating mask when applied on dry skin and left on for about 3 minutes before rinsing off.

The Body Shop Honey & Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask
It scrubs gently without drying out my skin and I can't get enough of the authentic oatmeal scent that brings back many happy memories.

Madara Deep Comfort Toner
This toner is a must have for anyone with dry, irritated skin. It calms down the skin immediately and there are so many other ways that you can utilize this toner.

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Oil
I'm still not sure what it does but my skin loves it and a little goes a long long long way!

Biore Oil in Cotton Cleansing Wipes
It gets all makeup, including waterproof mascara, off! My only gripe is the size of the wipe.

Base

Madara Moon Flower Tinting Fluid
I never imagined that I'd like a tinted moisturizer so much but this one's an exception.

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation
If you can find the right color, it really is a very impressive foundation.

Eyes

Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara
My favorite mascara ever. EVER! I've already ordered my 3rd tube. Why must it be so pricey? T_T

Shu Uemura Hard 9 Brow Pencil

I've never really bought into the whole iconic makeup products but this one's a real keeper and though I'm very pleased with my cheap RM5 Daiso eyebrow pencils, this one's still very worth it because one pencil will probably last you a year or longer.

Beautilicious Victoria Palette
Good quality makeup in a pretty and very compact palette. It's been in my makeup pouch for the longest time.

Lips

Silkygirl Moisture Max Lip Gloss
I was completely thrilled with this cheap find. There were so many reasons to love this gloss!

Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lipgloss
This lipgloss will make you crave for desserts or a hot man or both.

Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick

One of the most comfortable lipsticks I've ever worn in one of the easiest-to-wear colors.

Body

Wakilala Underarm Whitening Cleanser and Essence
Wave confidently with whitened underarms! This duo really works!

Fragrance

Britney Spears Circus Fantasy Fragrance
I usually forget to wear perfume but I love this one so much that I have to remember NOT to wear it so that I won't use it up so fast!

What were your favorite products of 2010?

7 comments:

luckiebeauty said...

Ohh the mask from The Body Shop, I love their products!
&& the perfume smells great, but It will be nice if they change the bottle frame once a time,it's kinda of confusing hahaha.

Connie De Alwis said...

Luckiebeauty: TBS products have always been just alright but the mask really stood out. The new Britney Spears Radiance perfume comes in a different bottle this time :)

❤ Ee Von said...

ok now u got me wanting a lot of things!!! the brow pencil, smoky lash, hd foundie and wakilala essence! already have my own hot man mmm...

i really love the tamago cleanser and the wakilala cleanser! and you know, i actually bought them after reading your review :D

xin said...

you made me 'leeming' for MUFE and the Mandara DCT. need some new skincare for 2011 :D

Hayley said...

My favourite products so far are FaceShop BB Cream and also the I Nuovi eyelashes won from your contest ;)
Hope this year is a greater year for us all Connie *wink*

gio said...

I'm really lemming the MUFE mascara now, if only it wasn't so expensive *sighs*

Anonymous said...

hi, where can i purchase bourjois foundation in singapore? thank you connie..

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy