Skin Deco

Friday, December 24, 2010

Tutorial: Good Hair Day for the Holidays

Don't you just love those days when all falls into place? My hair didn't disobey me, my eye makeup needed no contacts, my eyebrows were as perfect as they could ever be, my base didn't require "digital enhancement", and to top it all off, a PINK lippy worked in my favor. Sadly, I only went to school for an hour with this look and nowhere else *groans*.

55% luck and 45% make-up. Tutorial after the jump!

See how the ends of hair wisp in all the right places? This is reason enough for me to never have rebonded hair as unmanageable as it can be.

I got a hair cut on Monday by a very nervous ACutAbove Academy student (teacher helped, of course) at a charity event in my college. Not bad for 10 bucks and an ice cream, eh?

I was basically just trying out several new products but I suppose this look could work for a family dinner, daytime gathering or church. It's mostly natural but with enough glow and metallic sheen to make it more festive. This look uses only three colors including highlight!

Items Used:

Face:
L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base
Cyber Colors Botanical Smoothing Hydro-base
I Nuovi Facefix UV Powder Foundation in 4Y
Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer in Sand

Eyes:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eve
I Nuovi Metallogy Eyeshadow in Patina
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Jet (from The Black Palette)
MAC Pigment in Blonde's Gold
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara
Shu Uemura Hard 9 Eyebrow Pencil in Seal Brown

Prep lid with an eyeshadow primer. Using an eyeshadow brush (Stila #30), apply a metallic bronze-brown eyeshadow on the lid and blend the color up to the crease. Take a round crease brush and place a deep purple shade to the outer V and blend it out.

Apply the same color onto the lower lash line using a small precision brush. Join the outer corners and thin out towards the inner corner. Highlight under the brow with a soft champagne gold using a dense highlight brush. Line the upper lash line close to the roots using a black eye pencil.

Apply generous coats of mascara and fill in the eyebrows.

Cheeks:
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nectar
MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden

Pick up a shimmery peachy pink blush with a duo fiber cheek brush (MAC188 dupe) and tap off any excess to avoid shimmer overload. Lightly contour with a bronzing powder.

Lips:
L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in 754 Sugar Plum
MAC Lipglass in Funky Fusion

The weather's been so cloudy lately that I'm having trouble setting the right white balance on my camera.

I'll be spending Christmas with family.
How will you be celebrating Christmas?

Happy Christmas everyone! :D

20 comments:

Paris B said...

*gasp* Connie! Pink lips! But you're right, it works beautifully for you and I'm sorta glad you're branching out ;) Merry Christmas! *hugs*

Hayley said...

Love your make up as always ;)
You have long eye lashes... mine is short :( Any ways to lengthen them besides putting falsies?
Merry Christmas to you Connie ^^

plue said...

u look pretty with pink lips babe! but er in your earlier pics, the foundie look a bit white? or maybe it's my computer screen, but the bottom pics look fine though...

plue said...

by the way, merry xmas darling!

xin said...

u look so pretty! *kiss* i think bad hair is like the worst woe ever, compared to skin or makeup

Sarah Ali / Glossicious said...

loving your hair and lipsticks color is soo pretty

Sarah Ali / Glossicious said...

lipstick not lipsticks* d'oh

Connie De Alwis said...

PB: LOL! I was very surprised that it worked too cuz I was just testing out the new lipstick which by the way, is more pink than plum on my lips. Merry Christmas! *hugs back*

Hayley: Thank you :) Haha, it's the mascara! My naked lashes are pretty short. Merry Christmas!

Connie De Alwis said...

Plue: Hehe, it's not the foundie, it's the lighting and white balance. I was standing i was facing the balcony to the sunlight kinda washed out my foundie and blush. My "actual" skin color's probably more like the last pic. Happy Xmas! :D

Xin: *kisses back* hee hee. Thanks, babe. I'm usually not too iffy with my hair but when it's not obeying, it can be quite frustrating!

Connie De Alwis said...

Sarah Ali: Thank you! :)

PigEllen said...

i like this look....fresh and young

EveryDay Makeup (becky) said...

Connie, you look perfect from your hair, makeup and everything. The tutorial was very easy to follow too :)

Jenn said...

So pretty!! I especially love your new hair!! :D

Have a wonderful Christmas Connie!! :D I'll be spending Christmas in church as well as pigging out!! Hehehe!! :D

donnarence said...

nice loook.. i will try this on the wedding i will attend to..

slowbrogal said...

I love this makeup Connie!! Simple and yet beautiful~~ Oh, I tried using my Cyber Colors Botanical Makeup Base. I tried to press on the pump many times ntg came out. Something wrong with my pump I guess. :(

gio said...

That's a beautiful look, love the pink lips! Merry Christmas!

Connie De Alwis said...

PigEllen: Glad you do. Thanks :)

Becky: Aw, thank you :D

Jenn: Thanks a bunch, babe! Merry Christmas to you too. I pigged out a lot

Connie De Alwis said...

Donnarence: Thank you! It's definitely wedding-appropriate

Slowbrogal: Thanks :) Oh dear. Perhaps you can try transferring the content into a working pump bottle. It's pretty decent

Gio: Thank you! I liked the pink lips too, surprisingly. Happy Christmas!

Anonymous said...

You look like SNSD's Sooyoung. You're really pretty!

Jane Stevens said...

I just love you look ! Specially the hair colour!
It look amazing on you, like created for your face .. Also, great make up, as always. What can I say, total perfection in appearance.

Regards
Beauties Factory UK

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy