Skin Deco

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Review: Evolle -- The Real Miracle Bar?

Have you come across the moor phenomenon where this bar of soap has the ability to fix all skin ailments from acne to pigmentation to eczema? Some have even claimed that the soap grows hair! For balding people I mean, not to grow a mustache.

It seemed like a whole lot of malarkey to me and believe me, I've used the so-called miracle soap before and it dried out my skin like crazy!

Upon being offered to try the Evolle Soap Bar, which played around with a similar concept (except for the growing hair part), I was particularly skeptical. After being assured that it would not dry out my skin due to its content of cocoa butter and virgin coconut oil (common ingredients that I trust!), I gave this soap a go.

Was there a miracle? Read on.

The soap bar comes sealed in a foil packet like so... It's hardly as big as my palm but considering that I've been using it once a day everyday for over a month and it hasn't shrunk much, I'd say this small 35g bar will last you quite a bit.

It contains mineral and plant-based ingredients, which includes a trademarked ingredient called PhytoCellTec Apple Stem Cells, laminaria digitata (type of algae) extract, virgin coconut oil, cocoa butter, and of course the cult-ingredient, Helimoor clay. You can read more on what these ingredients supposedly do [here].

To use the soap, you place the bar in wet palms and rub them together to work the lather (many many bubbles!). Then, massage it all over your face and leave it on for about a minute before rinsing. The lather is light so you won't get that heavy soap feeling. My skin felt clean, soft and most importantly, not dry.

Now on to the burning question. Was there a miracle?

Eh...

Not quite. My discoloration (chin area) was still there. So were my eczema patches and the lines on my forehead.

Wait a minute...

Did you notice my laugh line (nasolabial fold)? It doesn't look as deep as it did in the Before pic, does it? I can't be certain if it's Evolle's doing but I haven't changed anything else in my routine and I'm not using any line treatment products either. In fact, I was expecting to look more haggard since lately I haven't been bothered with proper skin care except for cleansing and the occasional moisturizer. Hmm...

Still, a soap is a soap. Evolle makes a decent cleanser and I'm inclined to use it every day. The soap either comes in a single bar for RM39 or a pack of 3 for RM99. Quite alright considering that a bar will probably last you well over 3 months.

Thanks to ParisB for pointing this out -- I was totally mistaken about the price! It's not RM39 for a bar. It's USD39! O_O Now, that's a pricey bar of a teeny soap! I wasn't aware that the site even shipped internationally...

Evolle soap bar is available via their online store www.evolle.com or through their authorized dealers.

*The product featured in this post was provided by Indigo Lifestyle Sdn Bhd for the purpose of review on Skin Deco

9 comments:

Hayley said...

Well, thanks for the review Connie!
I'm eager to give it a try as the price is ok...

Connie De Alwis said...

Hayley: Welcome! Yeah, the price's not too bad. I remember the other moor soap bars to be quite pricey

Grace S said...

So here's another different version of moor soap? I've heard about Eumora few weeks ago in fact my sister in law using it. I read Eumora works the same as well. It's quite expensive than this one though. RM95 per bar. RM360 for one set or something? *shrug*

I wanted to give it a try as it is said to tighten pores and reduce blackheads. But they said you ought not to use toner,moisturizer if you start to use Eumora soap. Then what am i going to do with all my toner + moisturizer?! I'll pass!

Isabel said...

Oo.. Sounds just like Mior & Eumora. lol I've used both and I find that Eumora works abit to sooth my angry pimples. Ever since I started using Mior (some time back), the number of pimples on my face has decreased by a lot. I don't know if it's because of the soap or it was just about time though. And it's not as expensive as Grace has mentioned. Just gotta find the right sellers lol

Connie De Alwis said...

GraceS: Apparently so. I remembered the moor soaps to be rather pricey too. about RM90+ a bar but I'm not sure of the price.
I couldn't accept the fact that I'm not advised to use my existing serums and moisturizers. A cleanser's a cleanser and shouldn't be replacing the other products that I've already been using. If you're looking for a cleanser that will help with blackheads and pores, I'd suggest an AHA/BHA cleanser (eg. Hada Labo) paired with treatments for blackheads. Don't know if this particular soap would help because I am still using my Hada Labo cleanser for night time

Connie De Alwis said...

Isabel: Perhaps the drying effect of the soap helped with the pimples? It made my skin really tight and flaky so I had to stop using it after awhile. Yeah, most moor soaps that I know of are sold through agents so the prices vary from seller to seller. Just a matter of who wants to earn a higher margin!

Blovet Beauty said...

interesting soap review. ur skin does look more taut in the after photos. It could be working ~

Eli said...

Sounds like a posh version of Dove. =D Tempted to give it a go after seeing your laugh lines clear but shea butter breaks me out like a mofo.

Paris B said...

Hey just thot you'd like to know that the soap price is actually RM99/35g. The prices on the website are quoted in USD (although they don't say so sneaky people!) I confirmed it when I went to place an order.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy