Skin Deco

Monday, November 1, 2010

Usher in the New Month with New Hope

For this year's Halloween, I was the invisible woman. Boo! And I'm back.

New Reads

For some of you who haven't checked out these awesome posts from October '10:
  • Yani (RedLusciousLips) rocks a tricky eyeshadow trio
  • Eli (SoLoverly) reinforces that a single product may work differently on different people
  • Bee (BeetricesReviews) shares my love for the Biore Oil Cotton Facial Sheets
  • Xin (PrettyBeautiful) appreciates Apronbay's gentler and blood-free method of threading
  • Nikki (Askmewhats) shows off her pearly whites after using Close Up White Now
  • Jenn (Lipglosseater) makes an awfully cute villain
  • ParisB (MyWomenStuff) tells us that we do not need the Urban Decay Naked Palette. Doesn't stop us from wanting it though!
Read on for my New Hope and New Hair Color!


New Hope

First off, thank you to everyone who have been showering me with encouraging words, very helpful advice and also some nagging.
My laptop's gonna cost me at least RM400 to fix so I'm just gonna let it be until I have extra money aside to get it fixed. The Boy managed to get all my files out so that's a HUGE relief. It's just a tad annoying to be alternating between my netbook and his desktop.
On a very much lighter note, I've just received my student loan *WOOHOO!!* which means I can start shopping for a new desktop :D Um, aside paying for my school fees. I'll be back in full swing in no time!

My hair didn't grow overnight. They're clip-on hair extensions

New Hair Color?

Over the weekend I went on a hair coloring rampage. Yes, I know I've just spent several hours having my hair dyed by professionals but the color came out transparent. Not at all ideal. I've been somewhere between a blonde and a redhead for 3 days. My hair's attempting to be a cooler shade as I'm typing this, in hope to match the color of my extensions. I have no idea how it's gonna turn out. We'll see. No lectures on how I'm totally destroying my hair, please! It's just hair. It'll grow back ;)

10 comments:

prettyinthedesert said...

I have super dark hair, too and it has a lot of natural red tones (as most Asian hair does). When I lighten it, I have to have it highlighted first with bleach and then toned.It works great and my hair is still in pretty good condition. I just did my roots by myself and it came out with that sort of rusty/brassy color that yours has. I went over it with Castings Creme Gel in Pearl Blonde and it totally neutralized the red tones. It went a bit darker, but more of a pretty gold color than ginger/strawberry.

Connie De Alwis said...

Prettyinthedesert: That sounds like my hair, alright! I was a tad shocked that my hair turned out to be rust-colored after bleaching. Ah, I didn't think a blonde dye would do the trick. I bought a Gatsby one that's called Aqua Silver. It has dimmed the bleached color and it's now sort of a warm ashy brown? But the top of my head is still reddish

Hayley said...

Glad to hear you're back!

I like your new hair color, something special ;)
Take good care dear~

xin said...

hey connie, now seeing u in the fake long hair, i somehow think u look cuter in short hair!

Paris B said...

That is so NOT you! Bring Connie back! On a lighter note, I fully agree with you about hair - it'll grow so experiment all you want.

Connie De Alwis said...

Hayley: Thanks! Haha, it has changed again since the picture.

Xin: Cheh! I'm cute no matter what length my hair is :p So perasan hor?

ParisB: Hahaha. The long hair is for when I'm feeling gatal. I haven't done a perm though not sure if I ever will o_O

Mara said...

Oh boy you mentioned the Urban Decay Naked Palette - just when I though I got it out of my head!

Connie De Alwis said...

Mara: My apologies! Then you should definitely read ParisB's post and you'll realize that you don't need the Naked Palette

AtelierGal said...

You look really feminine with long hair, but short hair suits your better. More spunk!

Connie De Alwis said...

AtelierGal: I think so too! But there's a certain sexiness to having long hair ;)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy