Skin Deco

Monday, November 15, 2010

Tutorial: Fall Easily

Fall in Malaysia is basically rain, rain, and more rain. You feel lethargic with the longing to sleep for longer hours but life, unfortunately, wouldn't let you slow down.

Warm and cozy greens and golds with bronze cheeks work well for Fall. This tutorial shows how to get this quick look. No new techniques but just a new color combo idea. Okay, maybe not that new...

*Sorry about the red eyes. I removed my contact lenses immediately after taking the pictures.




Apply Paul & Joe Eye Gloss in 03 Champagne Brown to the entire lid. Any other sheer shimmery flesh-toned cream or powder shadow would work as well. With an eyeshadow brush (elf Eyeshadow Brush), take the sheer gold from the Anna Sui Eye Color in 03 Cool Green Nuance and sweep it onto the lid up until the crease.

Next, take a blending brush (MAC 217) and blend a mid-toned matte brown (NYX Brown) eyeshadow into the crease to add depth. After that, apply a warm highlight color (MAC Ricepaper) with a dense highlight brush (Crown) right beneath the brows.

Blend out any harsh lines using the blending brush. Create a slightly winged-out line with a warm olive green gel eyeliner (Physicians Formula: Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel CreamLiner in Green Eyes. Tightline the upper lash line using a black eye pencil.

Use a warm brown shade for the browsw and finish off the eye makeup with several coats of dark black mascara.

On my cheeks, I used MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Sunny by Nature to add warmth. I used Stage Wondergloss in Sophia on my lips. No reason but I think it works.

Face:
Cyber Colors Botanical smoothing Hydro-base
Shu Uemura Nobara Cream Cover Stick Foundation in 754
Benefit You Rebel Tinted Moisturizer (to darken)
Shiseido Natural Finish Cream Concealer in Medium 3
Ben Nye Banana Visage Luxury Powder



25 comments:

Fifi said...

So pretty!! Your eyes stand out and the gloss completes the whole look!

I hope VitacremeB12 will work on out on you too :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Fifi: Thanks! I hope so too

missroum87 said...

This is very nice! loved how olive green compliment ur skin tone.

Connie De Alwis said...

Missrouma87: Thank you :) I think anyone who can accept warm shades would be able to wear this look -- from fair skinned to dark skinned

♔ mw said...

pretty<3

Penelope said...

Love the green eyeliner! It looks great with your brown eyes!

missroum87 said...

Where can we find olive green gel eyeliner in malaysia? the closest i own is liquid eyeliner, desires and devices by mac.

Connie De Alwis said...

mw: Thanks!

Penelope: Thank you :) I'm wearing brown colored contacts which has some flecks of green in them and I think the green liner brings them out

Connie De Alwis said...

Missrouma87: I remember Skinfood to have an olive green gel liner. MAC used to have as well but I think they were LE. Anyway, you can still create an olive liner simply by applying an olive eyeshadow wet :) You'll get more or less the same effect

EveryDay Makeup (becky) said...

Connie, this is such a pretty look. The green liner is such a beautiful shade. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that as a liner. Super cool!

Connie De Alwis said...

Becky: Thank you :) It's from Physicians Formula and a great quality yet affordable gel liner.

deerest said...

Gosh you look so beautiful! :) Thanks for the tips :DDD and tutorial :$ Hehehehe.


x

Blythe said...

Love this look!

germaine said...

argh! I want to try this look so bad but my house got broken in last night and they took all my makeup@@ so depress now:'(

❤ Ee Von said...

so this is the evil 3tone brown? looks good but too bad it irritates your eyes :/

"You feel lethargic with the longing to sleep for longer hours but life, unfortunately, wouldn't let you slow down." can't agree more!

effortlessly beautiful, the look :) the green liner looks gorgeous!!! how well does it stay?

Sue Lynn said...

Oh gosh! I love LOVE lOvE this ^_^ Don't need 3 guesses to know why... :P

Hhhmm...These contacts look REALLY good - brown GEO Tri-Colors? They irritated your eyes?

BTW, what did you have on your lips? :)

Isabel said...

Can't help but feel that this look is different from your usual ones. I kinda like it =) That green eyeliner looks fabulous <3

Vixen said...

Connie, you seriously look so pretty and fresh in this look :)

gio said...

Very pretty! Love the green eyeliner!

Connie De Alwis said...

deerest: awh, thanks :) And you're most welcome

Blythe: Glad you do!

Germaine: Oh dear, I'm very sorry that all your makeup got stolen! I hope you'd be able to build your collection up again soon enough

Connie De Alwis said...

Ee Von: Yesh, the evil evil 3T brown... I've stopped wearing them *sighs* They look really nice in the pics but I'm not particularly fond of them in real life. Still prefer the grey. 2 out of 3 colors in the set of 3 stays put incredibly well! I even like them better than MAC Fluidline or any other gel liners for that matter.

Sue Lynn: Yeah, sadly. Wearing Stage Wondergloss in Sophia on the lips :) Got state but forgot to bold

Connie De Alwis said...

Isabel: Glad you do! That's because I'm only using 3 colors for the eyeshadow as opposed to 10 :p and no smokey eyes.

Vixen: hehe. Thanks!

Gio: Thank you! I love the green liner too! Such a fun shade to work with

Erin said...

Soooo pretty! You look luminous :) How did you adjust the foundation color with the Benefit You Rebel? Because I know the Shu is a stick formula and the Benefit is a liquid. Thanks!

- Erin

Shay said...

Hello Connie, not sure why my comments didn't show up.

Well, I was asking you a question. If you have a powder foundation which is dry and patchy upon application, how do you make it work?

I have such a powder foundation and is trying to make it work as it is kinda expensive and I hope to use it up instead of just throwing it away.

Thaisa said...

I love how your looks are so simple but always have a different color pop. They are so simple and so fun :D

Keep it up ♥

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy