Skin Deco

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Review: Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation

Or in Lancome's words: Natural Light Creator, Bare Skin Perfection. Because "foundation" is such a layperson term.

Internationally, there has been a lot of hype going on for the Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation (I'm calling it what it is!). Glowy foundations to me are like fat juicy worms to a hungry fish. I was definitely keen and I probably shouldn't have been. Don't you just hate Murphy's Law?

You can already tell from my tone that I have me a few not-so-good things to say, can't you?

Let's ignore the product description for once because the fancier the brand, the fancier the words used to gasconade, leading us to pull our expectations way up.

Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation basically claims to give a lightweight glowing finish, hydrate the skin for 18 hours and provide up to 12 hours of wear without looking powdery.

Note: I have combination-dry skin. Relatively strong yellow undertones. Exposed to air-conditioner on average of 4 hours a day.

First time

Oooh.... My skin looks superb! Looks a tad pink though. But the beauty consultant insists that it's the correct shade... Maybe it's just the loose powder or the blush that's making it pink. Or the lighting?

Second and third time

I think it's time for a tan. The foundation's looking pretty dark. I couldn't have gotten that much fairer in a week, could I? Why am I turning pink? *Applies yellow loose powder* Better? Still pink! ARGH!!

4 hours later...

Must... have... facial wipes!

Fourth time

*Rummages through stash for a lighter and yellower foundation* Maybe an oil control makeup base would do the trick.


The Good: Blends like a dream by simply applying with fingers using circular motions as recommended by Lancome. Insanely smooth texture that feels very lightweight and makes the skin look luminous. Diffuses the appearance of imperfections. For the first hour, at least.

Adjusted with products mentioned below to fix shade and staying power

On its own, Teint Miracle looked fantastic upon application (aside the mismatched shade). However, it turned uncomfortably greasy in a matter of hours and by the end of the day, most of my foundation would have melted off. Mixed with half-part cheapo foundation from Tesco and used over Shu Uemura UV Underbase Mousse, followed by Ben Nye Banana Visage Powder, the color matches a lot better and holds up longer.

When it comes to reviewing foundations, I scrutinize objectively and if I can help it, I would make it work. "Work" being the operative word here. Why can't a foundation be great on its own without needing so many adjustments?

Non-adjusted

My biggest issue with this foundation is the shade. I was matched to shade O-045 Sable Beige, which I believe is a neutral tone thus, looking pink on my relatively beige skin. So I don't like looking pasty but it's not pretty for my face to not match my neck and chest either. I haven't been tanning so my skin color now is between NC30 and NC35 for MAC and O-045 is like an NC37. Get my frustration? I should've insisted on a more accurate shade and save me an extra step. All because I didn't wanna seem like a diva. Or perhaps I should start tanning again.

Many have raved over the Teint Miracle and I don't doubt that it does work fantastically on them. Nevertheless, I'm still flabbergasted at the fact that a glowy, hydrating foundation is making my dry skin oily. My face wouldn't look utterly greasy but it'd feel so clammy that I can't wait to get it off me. Maybe it's because of my moisturizer? Maybe it's because I don't stay in air-con long enough? I really don't know and it's upsetting because I had high hopes for the Teint Miracle. I'd still use it (adjusted, of course) but not as often as I'd use the Lancome Maquiliquide.

Please excuse the blank expression and weird color combo

Apparently, ParisB too had a similar experience with this foundation.

Coverage is light to medium which is great for day but I'll only ever dare use it if it's only for a few hours and I know I won't be doing much sweating.

Lancome Teint Miracle retails for RM130/30ml at all Lancome counters and boutiques.

*The product featured in this post was provided by Lancome Malaysia for review on Skin Deco

13 comments:

slowbrogal said...

Oh Connie, I have the same turnoff as you too. The foundation looks great and smooth but it does make me look oily. The SA insisted that it was the inner glow from the foundation itself and worst, I went to 2 diff counter, two diff SA matched me with 2 diff foundation color. So I was quite confused which color match me, so in the end I did not get the full bottle because of this.
Oh ya..Somehow this breaks me out a little. Hmm..

Hayley said...

I'm using Lancome foundation as well (one of its series). Overall I love it, but I agree on the greasy part. It really turns out greasy after few hours (plus I've oily T-zone =_=)...

Askmewhats said...

I love the coverage though, it looks quite nice, sorry about the greasy part!

Arhani "Hanny" Daforcena said...

I actually kinda like it ^.^ And I have oily skin... Strange, eh?

AnnaYJia said...

their LCDA gave me a lighter shade too I think. Because I can see there's a difference between my face and neck T_T

gio said...

What a shame that it turns your skin oily. I like the coverage it provides though.

Connie De Alwis said...

Slowbrogal: I think when it comes to foundations, it's really best to just walk around in it first and judge for yourself if the color is alright or ask someone you trust to judge for you

Hayley: The Lancome Maquiliquide I really love though. I suppose it's normal to get oiliness on the T-zone but if a foundation's gonna make you feel greasy all over, it's probably not worth the trouble

Connie De Alwis said...

Nikki: The coverage is certainly not too bad but I think I kinda like the coverage even more when mixed.

Arhani: Yeah! Strange! I've had ppl with oily skin tell me that the foundation works great for them so the whole thing is quite bizzare

Connie De Alwis said...

Annayjia: Comes to show that counter lighting cannot be trusted!

Gio: Yeah. such a shame! I think I'd appreciate it if I lived in a colder and less humid climate

germaine said...

I have the same problem with my Dior Forever Flawless foundation too. it suppose to be neutral but still looks bit pinkish but the yellow one makes me look like a banana. under normal sunlight it looks orange and dark but at night it looks normal and at times fairer..WTH is wrong with all these foundation?! but the coverage is superb but I think u will hate it coz it is a super matte finish...

temptu said...

That was a huge transformation of the face. Pretty well done.

Melis's Blog said...

Hi Connie.
I have the same problem with You.
The foundation is So good but, not suit me much.
My Face darker after a few hour and oily too.
And now, i hate it. Coz i expect more from this.
Sorry if i miss spelling ^^

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie. I am nc37 and I was matched to W4. It matches perfectly.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy