At the drive, I unexpectedly met sweet Truffles and immediately thought of my mom. Mom has then met with her and she'll be in her new home next week -- our home :)
Read on for something else that I'm thankful for and also beauty news of some latest offerings!
Two months after my birthday and only now I'm thanking my blogging buddies! Well, to be honest, what goes on as friends need not be publicized but I have to tell you the oddities of this year's pressies. They're all perfect for me!
- Plue got me the Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color in RS302 which gives my cheeks a healthy flush
- ParisB remembered that I liked the Rootote Avion De Papier pouch in Gâteau (it gots kitties on it!) and the Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in 127 is SO my color
- I don't frequently wear perfume but I bring the Crabtree & Evelyn Pink Grapefruit and Cucumber Body Mist that Bee got me whenever I go to school. My campus is big, I have to walk, I sweat... the light refreshing scent certainly helps!
- The two OCC Lip Tars in Memento and Petty Beige, courtesy of the So Loverly girls, may look weird on their own but when mixed, the color's divine...
- Xin knows that the nude lip is my thing so it was no surprise that I was psyched over the Victoria Secret Perfect Lipstick in Malibu she got me. It'll look so hot with a black smoky eye -- tutorial in the works!
- Jenn checked the Shu Uemura Glow On Blush in M Orange 55 off my wish list. I love how contoured the blush makes my cheeks look
The iconic fragrance, Flower by Kenzo, now comes in a refillable bottle! This eco-friendly effort aims to reduce the amount of resources (-69%), energy (-68%) and greenhouse gas emissions (-66%) generated by the production, transport and use of the fragrance.
In conjunction with the launch was the prize-giving ceremony for a photography contest themed "With a Touch of Red", in collaboration with Malaysian Nature Society, Nikon and Digital Camera Magazine. The grand prize winner brilliantly captured a poppy flower reflected in beads of water (bottom left).
Amidst the serene surroundings of Spa Village in Ritz Carlton, L'Oreal launched a new product from the White Perfect range -- L'Oreal Paris White Perfect Day & Night Spot Corrector (RM39.90), which is a spot treatment that conceals and corrects day and night.
A panel of celebrities which included Sarah Yap (Miss Universe Malaysia 2010), Andrea Fonseka (TV-host), and Sasha Bashir (TV-personality) shared their experiences with this new product, as interviewed by host, Angel Wong.
After the L'Oreal media launch, I headed over to the Kanebo International Salon in Starhill Gallery for a pampering (albeit a tad sore from the massage) facial experience, where I was introduced to the Impress Gramula range which will be officially launched to the market in December.
If you thought La Mer has a "prestigious" price tag, think again. More on this later.
Max Factor has finally launched in Malaysia with counters in selected department stores (Isetan Lot 10, Parkson Sunway Pyramid, Metrojaya Sungei Wang, and Metrojaya The Curve). The launch event held in Luna Bar showcased the new Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara (RM66). I'm looking forward to trying out their Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation (RM72) as well.
Thanks to the observation by my personal counter spy (Cecobi!), while the prices are marked-up about 20% from the UK prices, nothing's over RM100. Also, there's an ongoing buy 1 free 1 promotion for their mascaras.