Skin Deco

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pantene 14-Day Hair Challenge + Makeover Party + New Hair-do!

Every time I think of Pantene, Legolas (Lord of the Rings) comes into mind and then I'll start chuckling to myself because his swishy long hair reminds me of the Pantene commercials.

When I was asked to take the Pantene 14-Day Hair Challenge, I figured, "Why not?". If there's a chance for me to spin my straw-hair into silk and make my "hair dreams come true", I'll take it!

Read on for the outcome, a makeover party and my new cut!

Challenging my coarse, thick and abundant hair as inherited from my mother is... Pantene Hair Fall Control?

Despite not worrying that I'll run out of hair, hair fall is a problem, even with short hair! Thinning hair is not my concern but having to pick up hair from the floor constantly, is! To address this problem, I've started to use three products from the Pantene Hair Fall Control range -- Shampoo, Conditioner and Intense Treatment (mask).

Pantene Hair Fall Control Shampoo
(RM9.30/180ml, RM14.90/350ml)

I've come to know that many people dislike the scent but to me it smells like Bubble Yum watermelon-flavored bubble gum, which I love. The shampoo creates loads of foam and my hair feels clean and soft after washing. I don't mind using it everyday but it doesn't really stand out on its own.

Pantene Hair Fall Control Conditioner
(RM9.30/180ml, RM14.90/350ml)

I was a little disappointed that this one smelled nothing like the shampoo. Instead, it smells of... soap? I don't know. Just very uninteresting. After washing off the conditioner, I got the expected slippery hair feel. There's one MAJOR problem that I have with this conditioner is that at some point of rinsing, it repels water. I'll explain why this has become a bother in a bit.

Pantene Hair Fall Control Intense Treatment
(RM14.90/135ml, RM19.30/300ml)

It's really just a thicker version of the conditioner. It even has the SAME ingredients as the conditioner! Smells the same and gives pretty much the same result too. Maybe less frizz? *shrugs* Oh, and it has the same problem that the conditioner has.

There is a bright side to this hair care range. Firstly, it did help to reduce hair fall because I'm sweeping the floor less (Maybe I just got lazy. Very probable) and I don't get that much hair between my fingers when I run through it.

When freshly washed, my hair would feel super soft and look super shiny.

Fast forward 2 hours, and I get this comment from a guyfriend, "Did you put hair cream or hair wax today? Your hair looks sticky". I said, "No, I just washed my hair this morning!" then when I reached to touch my hair, sure enough, it felt as if I've applied hair wax T_T That meant I had to wash my hair again the next morning because it'd look unbearably sticky and you know I don't like washing my hair! I tried rinsing my hair vigorously after conditioner but it simply didn't work. The silicone content in the conditioner and intense treatment is just too much!

So, now I just use mostly the Shampoo and cut down on the conditioner.

To celebrate the end of the 14-Day Hair Challenge, Pantene was kind enough to arrange a Bloggers Makeover Party at Hair Atelier in Jaya One. It unexpectedly ended up as an editorial photo shoot as well? Hmmmm..... So, if you happen to notice me in any Pantene ads or articles, please let me know!

Gotta love cute cupcakes and jellybeans though most of us were too busy running around having our hair styled, nails painted and photos taken to savor the food.

I was the only one who got a "rocker chick" type of do as opposed to the classic flirty Pantene hair. The mess, I liked, but the beehive thing, not so much. Nevertheless, I did pick-up several helpful tips from the Stylist, Sun (who's based in Taman Maluri). He taught me how to blow my hair in so that it won't flip out and also to rinse my hair with room temperature water instead of tepid after treatment so that it'll be more effective.

Because I can, I chose to have cow prints on my nails.

Camwhore galore! You can tell that my "persona" is a lot different than the others. Can you spot Juanita, Kahani, Ee Von, Xin, Plue, Bee, and Rinnah?

The makeover party was a fun-filled day of pampering but best of all, I got to do it with my friends.

Two week later, I went back to Hair Atelier in Jaya One to have my done. I was hoping to book Sun but because he wasn't based at this outlet, I had a cute (little boy kinda cute!) stylist named Terry attending to my godforsaken hair.

Ugh, I can't even stand looking at it! It flips out everywhere!

I wanted a cut that wouldn't be as short as before but more importantly, one that doesn't flip out and is easy to manage. Terry came up with this look and I was quite pleased with it. At least I don't have to grow it out to have it look decent. For RM35, it's not bad at all.

The color however (Yes! I colored my hair!) was disappointing. I explained that I wanted a cool medium brown instead, I got a very dark and slightly reddish brown. Because I have tactless guyfriends; "You dyed your hair? What color? Transparent?". It was either my hair was too dark to begin with or the fact that they didn't attempt to lighten my hair color prior to dyeing. *Sighs* Thankfully, I didn't pay real money (had a voucher) or I'd be throwing a fit right now. Oh well, nothing I could've or would've done. "Haiyah, free thing don't complain so much la"

The entire process took 5 hours. I'm not kidding you. 2 hours of plain waiting because each stylist had to attend to several people at a time. My back was aching by the end of it.

Ee Von sat through the grueling 5 hours with me as she got her locks done too and I so prefer her hair color!! Mine's so dark that I look as fair as she does T_T

Nevertheless, the stylist (hers and mine) were fun to be around and they were constantly cracking up weird but funny comments. I wouldn't mind going back there for a cut but probably on a day that's not so busy.

I can live with dark hair but my hair extensions arrived and the color SO doesn't match! I'll definitely need to dye my hair again (because I'd rather have lighter hair). Just annoyed that I'd wasted the voucher and several hours on a hair color that's practically transparent.

15 comments:

Hayley said...

Nice Connie! I like your hair, so pretty ;)
I always like Pantene because they smell so nice tee hee ;)

Connie De Alwis said...

Hayley: Thank you! :)

rhaindropz said...

i love your hair.. ^_^ wish i have the gut to try short hairdos

hugs and kisses
rhaindropz

http://rhaindropz.onsugar.com/

Connie De Alwis said...

Rhaindropz: It's just hair! It'll grow back ;) Or maybe you can try a virtual hair makeover and if it's something you really want, take the plunge!

AnnaYJia said...

Yea I tried to leave my black hair to grow back but the color evenness is so weird , so at the end I just color my hair again XD

Connie De Alwis said...

Anna: Apparently two-tones are in trend now! But I can't stand looking at it either

Jenn said...

You girls looked fabulous!! Wish i could join you all!! T_T

Looking good with your new hair!! :D And i think your extensions look fine leh!! Looks funky with two colors!! :D

I love Ee Von's hair color too!! :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Jenn: Wish you could be here too!! Ey, when you gonna come KL again la? Or must we all head to Penang instead? We've been planning to actually :P

Thanks, babe! HAHA. In real life the color contrast is much much more obvious. Can totally tell that I'm wearing fake hair.

Ee Von had light hair that grew out so probably that's why her color went on brighter. Haaaiiiihhh...

slowbrogal said...

I can see the color contrast of the hair extension..hehe..
Nevertheless you new hairstyle definitely awesome!!

Connie De Alwis said...

Slowbrogal: Thanks! Yeah, have to dye my hair again and I'll also dye the extensions so that the color would match better

❤ Ee Von said...

Yeaaa i think they're very very occupied on weekends! but still... we've called and reserved i think they shouldn't have made you waited that long :/ i like your assymetrical cut though! :D

gio said...

Love your hair! Looks so pretty and shiny.

Connie De Alwis said...

Ee Von: Yeah! We booked! :( hehe. it doesn't look that asymmetrical. Again, boys think it's weird =.=

Gio: Aw, thanks! I promise you it's the sunlight shining on it :p

Ling said...

Cool cupcakes...cool hair but shame u didnt like the colour

makeup said...

Wow! that was an amazing makeover.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy