Skin Deco

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Favorite Lippies On-the-Go: Shiseido Perfect Rouge + Luminizing Lip Gloss

Some of us may have close to a hundred lippies but only a handful makes it for a long stay in the handbag. These elite bunch not only have foolproof colors that seem to match any look, anytime but they are also comfortable enough for long hours of wearing. Sometimes they do get replaced by a newcomer or two but it doesn't make them any less exclusive. Let's welcome the new elites.

Je vous présente...
Rouge Parfait de Shiseido et Brillant à lèvres Pur Éclat Shiseido*
(because everything sounds more sophisticated in French)

*May I present... Shiseido Perfect Rouge and Shiseido Luminizing Lip Gloss

Where do I begin? There's so much to love about the new Shiseido Makeup Perfect Rouge and Luminizing Lip Gloss. By the way, did you know that Shiseido has revamped their ENTIRE makeup line? From Shiseido The Makeup to Shiseido Makeup?

Back on subject, the first thing I love about these Shiseido lippies is the packaging. It's simple, sleek with a classy yet understated metallic shine. I have this weird fascination over the lipstick's packaging though. The casing has a metal feel to it like how most high-end lipsticks do. Actually, I suspect that it's plastic but let's just assume that it's metal! Anyway, just the weight of it gives a certain luxury and the way the cap slides on and off slowly and silently... the click, so poised. Don't get me started on the way it twists. Yes, I'm exaggerating.

The colors couldn't be more perfect for me.

BE333 Caramel (lipstick): Warm pinkish beige with almost invisible golden shimmer. The opaque color is sure enough, the Perfect Rouge for me. Not too bright but with just enough color to take away the paleness so that the lips don't overpower my entire look

BR302 Brown Sugar (lipgloss): Translucent warm brown with smooth golden shimmer. The color is sheer, thus not opaque enough to change the color of my lips. Rather, it enhances it. Again, just enough to take away the paleness


Perfect Rouge is very moisturizing and a little glossy but still has the weight of a lipstick, which I like. There's no distinct scent and the color stays on for a reasonable amount of time without drying out the lips. Simply, an easy and comfortable lipstick to apply and wear.

Luminizing Lip Gloss comes with a slim brush applicator that precisely applies the lipgloss. It's not at all sticky and as you can see, it's intensely glossy. What more can I ask for?

Both colors combined = perfection!

Albeit being very much natural colors, these two lippies work well for a dramatic look and also a natural look. The look on the left features the Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in YE406 Tropicalia and Luminizing Satin Face Color in RS302 Tea Rose while the look on the right features the Perfect Mascara Defining Volume and Natural Finish Cream Concealer.

Shiseido Perfect Rouge is available in 20 shades, priced at RM95 while the Shiseido Luminizing Lip Gloss is available in 8 shades, priced at RM79. However, not all shades are available in Malaysia as per the website.

By the look of the fading texts and scratched-up casings, you can probably tell that I've given these few lippies quite a fair use. Those that have made it for the long trip in my bag include:
Now's your turn to tell me:

What is your favorite everyday lipgloss and/or lipstick?

13 comments:

Arhani "Hanny" Daforcena said...

Pretty!!!

Elana said...

Omg I want a perfect Rouge Lipstick now @_@. MUST RESIST. I bought the nude colored revlon lipstick you raved about! It was a really amazing color just as you said ^^. Thanks!

Connie De Alwis said...

Arhani: I agree! :D

Elana: Well, it's an excellent lipstick in every way if you can find a color that you'd wear often enough. You're welcome! Unfortunately, the Revlon lipstick is a tad too nude for everyday wear and Blush is too pink but I liked the formula a lot.

toughcookie said...

unfortunately, the only everyday lippie that i've been using for awhile is only because i accidentally bought 2 of the same ugly colours (they look nice on my wrist but i hate them on my lips). so, i've been using them everyday to finish them off quickly ;P

Connie De Alwis said...

Juan: Haha at least you're forgiving enough to use it up! If were you I'd either sell it, give it away or abandon it somewhere and forget that it ever existed

Kim said...

Hi Connie, the lip colors are oh-so-pretty on you!!! They would be perfect for my tan skin, rather thick lips too. However the price tag is a bit too steep for me. Gotta find a cheaper version of that! :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Kim: Thank you! At least you have an idea of the color that you'd like. As much as I love the color, it's not one in a million. I believe there are cheaper alternatives out there in terms of color. Happy hunting!

mint said...

the lipstick and gloss together looks so deliciously juicy on your lips :D so perfect!
as for me, I'm definitely a lipgloss for the everyday person~

Connie De Alwis said...

Mint: Thank you! :D I love the combination on my lips. Excellent color and finish for me. I'm more inclined to use lipgloss everyday too

❤ Ee Von said...

mine currently is mac blankety+lancome juicy tube in violette :) otherwise, it's just blankety alone.

i like both colours!!! my mom is shiseido's 'zong san fan see' so when i see shiseido, i can't help but to think it's cosmetic for mature ppl >.<

sakuraness said...

Oh Rouge Dior in Samarcande. It's was a splurge but I use it almost every day. I find pale nude lips make me look like a ghost so I prefer pinkish browns. This essentially a my-lip-colour-but-better kind of lipstick. Love!

Connie De Alwis said...

Ee Von: Haha. My mom was a Shiseido user too. I think some of the older brands cannot fully run away from being an "auntie" brand as with Dior and Estee Lauder. But look at it this way, it's now Shiseido Makeup. Shiseido THE Makeup was the auntie range :P

Sakuraness: Cost per wear! I've always loved MLBB lippies and I don't come across them too often!

luminess said...

I so love the glossy look of this lip gloss!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy