Skin Deco

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Review: Liese Designing Jelly + Hair Cocktail

My hair enjoys going against my will but at the same time, I don’t like dealing with it. I have a hair straightener that I use more often on my clothes than on my hair. So, what’s a lazy girl to do?

That’s where Liese’s Designing Jelly and Hair Cocktail come in to make hair-styling effortless just by using fingers.


Designing Jelly

The gooey serum has a floral fragrance and as it dries it’ll start to feel a little tacky. Initially, I expected the Designing Jelly to be some sort of substitute for hair gel or wax especially when IV: Move & Flow (for Movement and Definition) claims to have the strongest hold. However, it’s really more of a moisturizing serum that keeps hair from straying and to create body without the heaviness.

What I like to do is spread one pump of the serum on my palms and crunch the ends of my hair to bring out its natural wave. My hair wouldn’t feel oily or hard at all and a lot more comfortable than using wax.


I passed the product on to a friend of mine with permed hair. She too found it moisturizing and it prevented her hair from frizzing. It didn’t hold the curls as well as wax and hairspray did but it made her curls look softer at the end of the day.

If you have natural waves like AngMoGirl does, you'll love the Designing Jelly for making your waves look "well-pronounced".

Hair Cocktail

When I’m going for something more natural that doesn’t look like I just got out of bed, I reach for the Hair Cocktail. The hair serum comprises of two layers of liquids which need to be mixed before using. The scent is divine. It smells like a blend of tropical mangoes and peaches, I could almost gulp it down.


I use about a 20 sen size, smoothed all over my hair and comb through with my fingers. In no time, my hair would all be in place. However, it can make my hair oilier and flatter than usual which is not a good thing since I don’t wash my hair every day. There’s a lighter version though.

Liese Designing Jelly and Hair Cocktail are available from leading pharmacies (Watsons, Guardian, AEON Wellness) for RM32 each.

7 comments:

xin said...

i like your last set of before & after pic :P never seen u with unkempt hair before

❤ Ee Von said...

last picture "before" so omg adorable XD i've smelt this thing before and gosh me too i feel like drinking it! smelling it just makes me crave for iced peach tea or something. wouldn't want anything that makes my hair oily/flat, will have a look at the lighter version.

Sue Lynn said...

WOAH! The Hair Cocktail looks like a miracle hair product made for me! I NEED my hair to be flattened coz it's super thick & coarse HAHAHHA

I'm sooooo gonna get it. I can't remember the last time I purchased a hair product actually :P (obviously shampoo/conditioner doesn't count)

Connie De Alwis said...

Xin: Haha. That's how I look like when I'm at home :p

Ee Von: LOL! I'll probably get the lighter version when I'm done with this bottle but I'm hardly halfway through!

Sue Lynn: Get it! I hardly buy hair products too but I'm quite good to go with the few Liese products that I have.

chloe said...

I'm in love with their Designing jelly,1 month goes a bottle :P
However dun leave it on while sleeping cos it may cause some breakouts and irritation on sensitive skin.

Connie De Alwis said...

Chloe: Yeah! it can get oily and possibly cause breakouts when left overnight. Thanks for the reminder :)

missLiz said...

I bought it, just tried it yesterday and today and OMG! IT WORKS! Reviewed it in my blog but long story short it works against STUBBORN NATURAL CURLY HAIR. I'm happy now!

P/s: I'm using the green one ;)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy