Skin Deco

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Review: Bonaquin Gold Mask

Yes, I'm well aware that it's not Halloween yet but I can't help booming "I. AM. IRONMAN!" every time I put on the Bonaquin Gold Mask.

Though the mask doesn't give me superhuman strength, it has the power to whiten, moisturize, minimize pores, control oil, tone, lift and restore elasticity.

Let's find out if the Bonaquin Gold Mask is as powerful as it claims to be or if we need to call in the War Machine instead.



The mask's sachet is A4 size -- pretty huge! The label's printed on gold foil to symbolize the 24k gold flakes contained in the mask. Kinda had to squint to make out the words but it's just basic instructions on how to apply the mask, the benefits as well as the ingredients.

"Gentle, but highly effective, 24K Gold Flakes/Collagen Mask penetrates quickly & deeply into the skin layers and boosts rejuvenation on the cellular level. Gold Collagen Mask delivers its nutrients deep below the skin, thereby fighting the underlying causes of facial wrinkles and aging skin. Not only does it help reduce the appearance of existing signs of aging, but also helps prevent future wrinkles from forming and restores a healthy, radiant complexion." -- Zetafera

Unlike most sheet masks that are made of cotton sheets, the Gold Mask is a jelly-like sheet that conforms to the contours of your face as it warms up with your body temperature.

Upon application, it felt like I was putting Kool Fever on my face but the cooling effect only lasted for a minute or two. The mask, while packed in herbal-smelling essence, isn't exactly soaked so it sort of traps the essence underneath. No drippy and constantly wet feeling. You'd think that a face-conforming mask would adhere very well but this one doesn't at all. If you remain in an upright position, which I do because I like to do other things while I mask, the mask will start to slide and peel off. In other words, you'll be forced to lie on your back as you mask. Annoying but in a way it's a good thing because you're encouraged to relax.

Another thing that annoyed me was the shape of the mask. The slits were small and not well-positioned so even if it adhered well, I wouldn't have been able to see or speak properly with this on. The nose flap also does not cover the nose area thoroughly which is a shame because the nose area is one that's most in need of pore-minimizing and oil-control.

Overlooking its faults, does the Bonaquin Gold Mask really work?

If you use it often enough, probably.

I did experience every benefit that the mask claimed. My skin was brightened, more plumped up and firm, my pores looked smaller, my skin felt more hydrated but at the same time, not oily. The benefits seem contradicting (moisturizing vs oil control?) but I'm assuming that the mask strives to bring skin to a balance which is what everyone ultimately hopes to achieve.

I like to call this an easy home facial. Exfoliate and follow with this mask, by the end of it, you'll look like you've been freshly out of a facial.

Check out Ee Von's review. She has pretty convincing pictures!

At RM10 per sheet, it's cheaper than going to a facial salon but don't expect any long term effects unless you use this several times a week.

Ingredients: Water, Propanediol, Glycerol, Phyto-collagen, Seaweed Polysaccharides, Vitamin-C, Methyl Glycine, Allantoin, Rose Oil, Hyaluronic Acid, Coenzyme Q10, Gold Powder, Phenoxyethanol

Bonaquin Gold Mask is available from Zetafera.

*The product featured in this post was provided by Zetafera for the purpose of review on Skin Deco

6 comments:

Ee Von said...

ahahahahahah high 5!!! (sticks palm out) i thought i looked like iron man too! even my friend and my siblings lol! your picture wearing it totally cracked me tee hee XD

xin said...

OMG CONNIE! your picture just spooked me :P now i am trying to use mask for 3x a week :P can see abit of results

Connie De Alwis said...

Ee Von: LOL! How can anyone not look like ironman with the mask on!

Xin: :p I wish I could be that diligent! Sometimes I'm even too lazy to put skin care :x

Isabel said...

LOL!!! That first photo of you is so funny. How come the price on Ee Von's page is RM 8? They raised the price? Too bad it slides off though. I usually do stuff while I have my mask on. I can't stand it lying down staring at the ceiling doing nothing for 30 minutes

Connie De Alwis said...

Isabel: When checked the website yesterday it was RM10 so yeah, I think the increased the price. I suppose you can still read a book... lol

Choiii said...

ahaa looks exactly like iron man, it looks so thick

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy