Skin Deco

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Review: The Face Shop Green Tea Blackhead Remover Gommage Pack

Blackheads are one of those things that are quite impossible to get rid of. You can scrub, mask, use pore packs, squeeze and those oxidized whiteheads will still be there. Try to refrain from squeezing though. It can lead to an infection and some major scarring. I had to learn that the hard way! Now I have this huge scar on my nose...

After hearing about miraculous before and afters, I picked up The Face Shop Green Tea Blackhead Remover Gommage Pack.

Read on to see if it works...

Typo: Gommage

Out from the tube is a thick powdery cream that is not green at all. The directions say to apply an even layer onto clean skin. Leave on for 1-2 minutes then start rubbing in circular motions. After that, rinse and follow with a cleanser. Sounds simple enough right? Yet, it took me many tries throughout many months to get this mask to work.


Here's what you really need to do:
  1. Cleanse your face
  2. Scrub your nose with a physical scrub
  3. On dry skin, apply a THIN layer of the mask. Seriously, any thicker and it won't work
  4. Leave it on until it's completely dry. That would take about 10 minutes
  5. Rub on your nose until you get all the bits off. It'll feel like your nose is about to come off but don't wet the mask when you're rubbing. I would not recommend using this on anywhere else but your nose
  6. Rinse with water and cleanse the nose area again
If you follow those steps, you will see some difference. Not a lot, unless you have a very congested nose. With continuous use of at least once a week, I did see much better results.


Verdict -- it's effective if you use it frequently and correctly. It does work better than regular clay masks. So, no miracle for me but it's good to have The Face shop Green Tea Blackhead Remover Gommage (why must they give it such a long name?) around to keep my blackheads at bay.

Retails at The Face Shop outlets for RM36.90/40ml. It's not a very big tube but it'll last you for awhile considering you don't need more than a pea size to mask your nose.

12 comments:

❤ Ee Von said...

Ooh, at least I know I can rely on something cheaper when I run out of my b.liv OFTH! thanks for the review!

eh btw, not hating *swears

you spelled it as grommage but in the pack it's gommage... just telling! :)

Connie De Alwis said...

I'm trying out b'liv now. Not quite certain of the results yet!
LOL!! Thanks for pointing it out! I kinda had it in my head that it was "grommage" from the first time I saw tht word and it stuck so even though it's written "gommage", I see "grommage" :p Now I know! Changes made

Sakuraness said...

Honestly, the only thing that EVER worked (and it really does work) are those Biore pore strips. If you can handle the agonizing pain of removing them, they just rip those blackheads out. My dermatologist recommended them saying that its the only over the counter way of removing blackheads efficiently.

Connie De Alwis said...

Sakuraness: I've tried the biore pore packs before. The black one's great. It works wonderfully on people who have blackheads/whiteheads that pop out ie. you can feel them there. The strips needs something to grab on to pull them out. Sadly, my nose is smooth (most of the time). The heads don't pop out. they are just embedded in there. With nothing to grab on, the strip doesn't pull out much and I still have my blackheads :(

alina said...

It's TOO thick that after a while, it refuses to deposit from the tube! I was so frustrated with mine, I had to chuck it.

' * : . b | u 3 . : * ' said...

It looks like your skin is clearer post use! I can't stand gommage type masks though, I'm so paranoid that I'll wear out my skin / get wrinkles faster with the rubbing.

Connie De Alwis said...

Alina: ooh, that happened to me once! I just dug out the top part and the inside was still good.

Blue: Which is why I wouldn't dare put this on any other parts of my face! I shudder to think of the premature wrinkles >.<

Askmewhats said...

wow, I can totally see it worked for you!

Hayley said...

Interesting Connie!
How come I dint see this product at my hometown's Faceshop??

Connie De Alwis said...

Nikki: It's not too bad :)

Hayley: Try asking the salesperson. It's one of their star products

Anonymous said...

sakuraness: pore strips are great and useful but the reason i stopped using them was due to the fact that they stretch out your pores. over time your pores become larger... talk about bad news...

Ningrum said...

Thank you for the review! :)

http://citraramya.tumblr.com/

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy