Skin Deco

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Tutorials: Taman Negara

Are they talking about Fall already? But I'm not done with Summer! In fact, I'm just getting started!
Summer's my favorite season that I love celebrating it every year with my clothes, makeup, tan and trips to the beach.
This is the first Summer '10 Tutorial inspired by Malaysia's National Park, Taman Negara.

Video tutorial, pictures and product listing after the jump!

I'm working (more like planning to work) on my stamina to prepare me for Taman Negara some day. The Boy has been there when he was fresh out of school and according to him, it was one of the best experiences that he has had.

This summer look incorporates several shades of green with accents of brown and bold lashes to depict the forest. The rest of the face and lips are kept nude to neutralize the look.



Items Used:

Face:
I Nuovi Illumina Makeup Base in Divine
Graftobian HD Creme Foundation in Enchantress
Ben Nye Banana Visage Powder

Cheeks:
Milani Glimmerstripes in Terra Glimmer

Lips:
Revlon Color Burst Lipstick in Soft Nude
Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lipgloss in Kirk

Eyes:
Elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
Ben Nye Lumiere Creme Wheel (green and yellow)
Barry M Dazzle Dust in #14 Khaki
Barry M Dazzle Dust in #97 Dark Chocolate
I Nuovi D27 Eyeshadow in Bamboo
I Nuovi D27 Eyeshadow in Techno
MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper
Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in White
Urban Decay Ink for Eyes in Zero (black)
Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Bourbon (brown)
I Nuovi Brow Cake in Oak
I Nuovi Pro Lash EX 11






22 comments:

Chloevien said...

It's clever Connie, with 2 different color bases, make the transition so perfect and almost duochrome -ish. Love that you're back with (as usual) awesome tutorial *happy*.
P.S: Beautymaker awakening gel is also useless for me. Tons of alcohol in it could cause milia on your skin.

Connie De Alwis said...

Thanks :) Yeah, all those alcohol should not be good for long term usage

-AnGiEpInK- said...

Gorgeous look!!.. I'm glad you're finally back..Can't for mores makeup tutorial from you connie..^_^..

Fintia said...

beautiful!

Makeup by Kim Porter said...

Very pretty! love the greens. Your skin looks flawless

http://makeupbykim-porter.com/blog

Shen said...

your lips are really pretty! i wish mine is similar.. but alas.. we have to loe our own. Those Barry M are haunting me! me want some!! :) lol!

Hayley said...

It's been a while Connie!~
Love your tutorial on this, the green is so nice!
And I love your falsies the most!! ;)

Jenn said...

This look is super pretty!! <3 Glad to have you back!! :D

Paris B said...

I love the last pic best :D You know what you REALLY need? That funny feathery foresty false lashes from Shu - remember? ;)

Connie De Alwis said...

Angie: Thanks! I have a few ideas lined up. Hopefully I can find the time (and lighting) to film the tutorial

Fintia: Thank you!

Kim: You're sweet. Thank you. I did use the "glow" effect though :p

Connie De Alwis said...

Shen: But you have lips that can pull of Fuchsia! that's rare and very beautiful ;) Thanks. Barry M Dazzle dusts are not too bad at all

Hayley: Thank you! I really like the falsies too. They're so dramatic yet wearable

Jenn: Thanks! Glad to be back! :D

ParisB: hehe. thanks, babe. Ooh, those shu lashes would be sweet but of course, they were LE and I wasn't gonna go to war at the warehouse sale for a pair of lashes ;)

xin said...

love the lashes!!! so bold and charming, cant stop looking at your eyes!

Connie De Alwis said...

Xin: hehe. thanks, dear :)

gio said...

This is gorgeous! Those greens are beautiful and I love the lashes!

Shana said...

HI pls do a review on ur Graftobian foundation, I've been itching to get one ever since I saw them at renren's blog :)

mint said...

thanks for the tutorial. it looks beautiful!

Connie De Alwis said...

Gio: thank you!

Shana: Lol, it's on the pending list. It's pretty good so far!

Mint: You're welcome and thank you!

Sara.H said...

thank you so much for the post. you look absolutely hot and stunning :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Sara: Thank you! And you're welcome!

natasha said...

where did you get that lipgloss? :)

Lavender said...

This is fabulous Connie! U look gorgeous!

Connie De Alwis said...

Natasha: A friend bought it for me from the US. It's available from Sephora

Lavender: Thank you!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy