Skin Deco

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Review: I Nuovi Illumina Skin Illuminating Pre-Makeup Base

Glowing bronze skin is very much in trend for the Summer. One of the products that I've been using to achieve that effect is the I Nuovi Illumina Skin Illuminating Pre-Makeup Base.
It's a makeup base and liquid illuminizer in one! Oh, you figured that out already? Hehe.

Read on for the review...

I Nuovi Illumina comes in 3 shades -- Divine, Aura and Heaven.
The shade that I'll be reviewing is Divine.

Swatches courtesy of I Nuovi

Divine: Golden bronze suitable for medium to darker skin tones
Aura: Nude glow suitable for light to medium skin tones
Heaven: Pink glow suitable for lighter skin tones as cheek highlight

The shimmery liquid bronzer is contained in an opaque squeeze bottle with a narrow nozzle that offers sufficient control when dispensing the product. A pretty practical packaging albeit a tad boring. I use Illumina after sunscreen, before foundation.

Divine doesn't really darken my complexion rather it warms up my skin immediately. The golden shimmers are quite sparse and apparent thus, wearing Illumina on its own may not be such a good idea. While it's hardly noticeable, the base appears patchy when there's no foundation applied over it.

After layering foundation or at the very least, powder, over Illumina, what you'll get is natural-looking glowing smooth skin that is highlighted in all the right places. Check out the cheekbones! If you're worried about looking like a disco ball, don't. The shimmers are not apparent under foundation. As a makeup base, it's quite alright in terms of making foundation go on easier, preventing it from oxidizing and helping it last. However, the formula offers no oil-control so I'd advise those with oily skin to use this merely as a highlighter under foundation and use a separate makeup base. This should be a treat for drier complexions as the formula contains hydrating hyaluronic acid.

Retails for RM88/30ml at all I Nuovi counters. Also available on INuovi.com for USD$39. Some SaSa outlets may carry this product.



8 comments:

Tina Marie said...

Pretty shades! I really like Divine. Your skin looks gorgeous. It's really glowy!

Connie De Alwis said...

I'm not too keen on Heaven but Aura looks pretty good too. Thanks! :)

Blovet Beauty said...

it actually warms your skin and gives it a nice sun kissed look!

germaine said...

I think few days ago they just had some kind of moving out sales and I missed it! I think its the 2nd time i missed out on the sales:( have u been there b4?

❤ Ee Von said...

Nice! 30ml is a lot of product! i've recently discovered a sasa outlet (not the usual sasa store) near my place, they have quite a bit of discounted inuovi products! (e/s for RM20) i'll hit the outlet one more time and see if they have this illuminating stuff cos i'm looking for a liquid highlighter lately. thanks for the review! :D

Clara said...

It looks shear but it really does make a difference when I see it on your skin. Very pretty!

EveryDay Makeup (becky) said...

oh wow, this looks really cool. it gave your face a really beautiful glow!

Connie De Alwis said...

Blovet Beauty: I thought so too! :)

Germaine: I've been to the first sale but I didn't go for the 2nd one

Ee Von: Welcome! 30ml should last you a while since not much product is needed for the whole face. Cool that your sasa is having discounts on i nuovi! Which sasa is that? ;)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy