Skin Deco

Monday, June 7, 2010

Update: US Haul + Upcoming Tutorial

*laughs nervously*
My box came?

Yeah...

Read on for details.

This haul is probably not very interesting to most of you. I understand that not many Asians/Malaysians are into tanning but it's sort of my current obsession.

What I bought this time:
  • Lime'n da Coconut Tan Defining Formula (for outdoor and indoor tanning -- just in time for my Cherating trip this weekend!)
  • Banana Boat Summer Color Self-tanning Lotion
  • Bain de Soleil Mega Tan Sunscreen Lotion with Self-tanner
  • Ben Nye Bronzing Body Tint
  • Graftobian Hi-def Glamour Creme Foundation in Enchantress
  • Graftobian HD Creme Corrector in Soft Orange
  • Ben Nye Creme Shadow in Medium Brown (for contouring)
  • OCC Lip Tar in Conquest
  • Italian Badger Round Crease Brush from Crown Brushes
  • Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash
  • Stila #9 Brush
  • Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Cream Eyeliner Trio for Green Eyes
  • Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer in Sand
  • ecoTools Bamboo Bronzer Brush
  • Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Blush in #8 PDA
  • Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lipgloss in Max
  • St. Ives Timeless Skin Daily Microdermabrasion Scrub
  • Ben Nye Banana Visage Luxury Powder
  • Wisdom of the Elders by Peter Knudtson and David Suzuki (book -- not shown)

Grace truly spoils me. She included HEAPS of goodies in my box. Love you lots!! *hugs*

I also did a little swap with the lovely B of Clumps of Mascara and she got me two mascaras that she thought I should try -- Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume and Almay Intense i-Color. Btw, she's having a giveaway on her blog that has just turned 3!

I apologize for the lack of tutorials. My weird class schedule and no-blogging weekends prohibited me from wearing much makeup what more film tutorials. I did manage to get one done and it's for the Summer Tutorials series. This look was inspired by Malaysia's National Park, Taman Negara. I'm in the process of editing the video. Bear with me!

17 comments:

Sarah♥ said...

Lovely stuff :) I want to try CG last blast so much, I love your blog and you are really pretty connie , I am a regular reader but was to lazy to comment :)

ning * star said...

connie, your lashes looks sooo great.. heart those falsies... nice haul

Kimberly said...

Did you purchase these items or were they sent to you in a swap? If these items were purchased, may I know where from? I've been looking to buy Crown and Confidential brushes and I don't know where to find them!

❤ Ee Von said...

omg so many stuffssss i would have totaly jumped in joy! that makeup looks absolutely stunning! looking forward to your tutorial :):):)

Fifi said...

Oh wow, so many goodies!
Let us know how your tanning goes. I don't know anyone here who'd try tanning products either, but I would! :D

You look gorgeous and yesss, you must try wearing lower falsies. They're amazing!

Hershley's Sweet Kiss Message! said...

did you buy all that stuff in one place? Where did u get it from

Follow me at http://sweetkissmessage.blogspot.com/

Hershley's Sweet Kiss Message! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Makeup by Kim Porter said...

you got a lot of stuff. I just got those revlon lashes in a swag bag form this sassy city chicks event I went to last thurs. I haven't tried them yet though

http://makeupbykim-porter.com/blog

Connie De Alwis said...

Sarah: I'm quite eager to try it too as I've heard that it works on Asian lashes. Awh, thank you. I do hope you'll comment more often! I'd love to hear your feedback on my posts :) Thanks for your support

ning: Hehe. I love those lashes too. My first time wearing them and they totally made the look

Connie De Alwis said...

Kimberly: They're all from a swap. My swap buddy aka partner in crime helps me buy stuff from the US or I have items shipped to her address then she sends them to me. I do the same for her. Are you from Malaysia? before I had a swap buddy I purchased all my US products from sgdrugstore on lowyat.net

Ee Von: I didn't jump but my heart was beating very fast! I get awfully excited every time I get a package. hehe. Thanks, girl :)

Connie De Alwis said...

Fifi: oh yay! a tanning buddy! :D I'll definitely be doing a post on my tanning routine

Hershley's: Nope, all the items I bought through my swap buddy. She compiles all my purchases for a few months and when we're both done shopping, we swap.

Kim: Revlon lashes are not too bad. I've tried a few pairs of them before. they're quite comfortable and they look natural

Grace Chan said...

OH the falsies look soo nice on you! i bought 3 pairs for myself but I haven't tried them yet : )

btw i LOVE the look

Askmewhats said...

I love your hauls! and I can see graftobian!!!Yeeehaa can't wait to read your reviews

fuzkittie said...

HOly moly that's one awesomely large haul! Your lips looks AMAZING here.

Connie De Alwis said...

Grace Chan: I'm wearing I Nuovi lashes in the look. I like them a lot but they're quite dramatic!

Nikki: Yes! I bought the hi-def foundation thanks to your review :p It took me forever to figure out what shade I would be and luckily I got quite a good match

Fuz: Hehe. Accumulated over the months! Thanks :D

gio said...

Wow, you got loats of great stuff! Love the lashes, they look fantastic on you!

greystrawberrys said...

All that stuff looks awsome!! :D I love Eco Tools brushes, I have a set of 5 which all are amazing! :)

xoxox

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy