Skin Deco

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Review: Beautymaker Skin Repair Wakening Gel

When I decided to buy the Beautymaker Skin Repair Wakening Gel, I really didn't know what to expect from. Fuzkittie had it on her HG skin care list and so I kinda had to have it. Not a very good reason to buy something, is it?

Read on for the review

Up until now, I'm not quite sure what this product is supposed to do. I guess it's a light moisturizing gel to boost hydration. I've tried using it several ways; as a day time moisturizer, as a sealant after my night regime, and as a mask. It works fine any way I use it.

The gel feels so lightweight that it almost melts on the skin. It didn't feel sticky. In the morning, my skin felt soft, it looked somewhat luminous and the gel hydrated enough to not let my skin dry out.


That's it really. I really wished I had more things to say! Let's see... the packaging is a heavy glass jar which is quite posh for a relatively affordable product. Not too appropriate to travel with, of course.

I'd say that oilier skins will appreciate this product more. I do like this product but it simply doesn't fit into my regime since I almost always require a heavier moisturizer. The texture is pleasant enough for me to continue using it for the sake of it but it's not a product that I'll repurchase because it doesn't really do anything fantastic for my skin besides cooling it down a little.

I don't really see any remarkable differences when I do use it and when I don't use it, my skin doesn't seem to look any worse.

Ingredients:
Purified Water, Ethyl Alcohol, Cabbage Rose (Rosa Centifolia) Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pineapple Extract, Gamma-Polyglutamic Acid, Glycine, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol & Yeast Extract, Codium Tomentosum Extract & Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylisothiazolinone, Serine, Hydrolyzed ulva Lactuca Extract, Aqua & Chondrus Crispus, Fragrance, Squalane.

I purchased this product by pre-order via TheFaceSecrets.Com for roughly RM53. I've seen this product at BoBoDave as well for USD$14.33

12 comments:

plue said...

eh so short! i tot it was longer! i had wanted to buy this seeing Fuz reviewing it and saying it's good, but i guess maybe not lah this time :)

how are u feeling? better d?

Slowbrogal said...

I got this!! I used this for twice only. Not too effective for me as I do has a dry skin. I'm thinking of selling this as the expiring date of the products only 3years.

Blovet Beauty said...

it actually looks pretty light and good for ppl with oilier skin:)

may said...

Hi Connie,

Taiwanese skincare seems to be all the rage right now! :) I'm so glad you reviewed this and showed the ingredient because many sellers don't do that. I can't tolerate all that alcohol on my face, I often react to gels because of my fragile skin. :(

Fifi said...

Hi Connie! Glad to see you're updating and thanks for the review :)

Gel creams like this usually don't work for me. Plus, it contains fragrance and squalane; two things I tend to stay away from when it comes to skincare items. Squalane on Asian cosmetics are usually derived from Shark's liver so yeah, I'm a bit concerned about that. :(

mint said...

thanks for the review~ I was going to get this too since I've been trying out some other the beautymaker items. But I think i'll pass on it now. :P

Sue said...

haven't seen this stuff around yet. but sounds good! :D

xin said...

well i guess this could be something that my skin might enjoy. LOL. my skin changes like it has mood swings! I usually use light weight moisturizer, but sometimes I have to use cream cream one!

Connie De Alwis said...

Plue: Nothing much to say about this product ma. Lol. It's not bad but just not doing anything extra for my skin. Better! Thanks, dear :)

Slowbrogal: If it's not really working for your skin, I'm sure someone else would like it.

BlovetBeauty: Yup! It's quite light. I actually don't mind using this in the day if the weather's really hot.

Connie De Alwis said...

May: I've been quite interested in Taiwanese skin care too but there are so many to choose from! I've been trying out a couple of products. Despite the alcohol, it didn't irritate my skin, which I was happy about. But I'm also worried that using high content of alcohol in the long run would not be beneficial to my skin

Fifi: Hi! I'm not too concerned with fragrance since it's the last ingredient. But I can understand your concern about the squalane. I guess we can be sure about the source unless it's stated, which companies should.

Mint: If you have dry skin or special concerns, you probably won't find this product helpful

Connie De Alwis said...

Sue: I believe it's not available offline and it's also not the easiest to find as ready stock online. But I managed to order from thefacesecrets.com which orders from payeasy.com

Xin: Don't you just hate it when our skin have minds of their own? ugh!

Anonymous said...

hello connie,

Have you heard of Eygptian Magic? You should give it a try!! I had to choose between EM and Beautymaker- while i never tried this but I'm glad that i made the right choice.

miith

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy