Skin Deco

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Two Random Looks with Mini Tuts

Look #1: One day, I asked on Twitter what color eyeshadow I should wear and got green, purple, pink and black with silver shimmer...

Look #2: Testing out a new purple gel eyeliner and fuchsia pink lipgloss (L'Oreal Glam Shine)

Read on for the mini tutorials...

Okay, I'm not gonna list down everything I've used because I really can't remember so I'll just mention whatever that comes to mind...

Look #1

I whipped out my Sleek Original Eyeshadow Palette for this look. First, I applied the Green blended the Olive into the crease. Then I used a warm salmon pink from one of my big palettes and applied it lightly over the Olive. I highlighted the area beneath the brow.

Using Revlon's Matte Kohl in Very Violet as base, I then applied the Purple from the palette over it. After that, I lined my upper lash line with Milani Eyeshadow in Storm. Finished off the look with filled brows and several coats of mascara.

Look #2

MAC Pigment in Mauvement went on first. I really really can't remember what I used for the crease but I think it's just a dark satin brown It's NYX Eyeshadow in Gunmetal. I highlighted the brow and then blend Gunmetal over.

This purple gel eyeliner is call Infinity Gel Eyeliner, which I bought from Ebay. I wanted more pop so I lined my bottom lash line with blue pencil liner from Bloop and went over it with MAC Eyeshadow in Stormwatch (I think). Then, I highlighted the inner corners with my usual MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow.

Excuse the horrible eyebrows. These looks were before I got my brows shaped. I was growing them out.
I do play around with colors a lot when I do unplanned looks so that I experiment to see which colors would go well together.

19 comments:

❤ Ee Von said...

I was wondering what's with all the strikes everywhere... i think must be some html error lol.

Gorgeoussss. Love all the colours, they compliment each other so well! You're so talented :D

❤ Ee Von said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie De Alwis said...

LOL! sorry you had to see that :p I forgot to close a tag... Fixed now.
Thanks, dear :) They're not some of my better looks are somewhat sloppy but I have fun playing around with colors.

-AnGiEpInK- said...

Wow!!..gorgeous..very simple look..will try this look..^_^..

Sara.H said...

LOVE IT :D OMG! you're Awesome

ning * star said...

me likey the 2nd look :) i think green color is pretty, but some times, it is a bit hard to pull off for me :(

Askmewhats said...

green eyeshadow works really well on your eye color! i love it!

Jamilla Camel said...

Love both the looks! You look amazing in green shadow!

fuzkittie said...

LOVE the deep purple with blue, the purple liner is really prettty~~

Fintia said...

Fun look! ;-) xx

Connie De Alwis said...

Angie: Thanks! Let me know how it turns out :)

Sara.H: Aw, thank you

ning*star: Thanks! Greens are fun but they don't always work on me either. Maybe you can try olive? they're more friendly to use

Connie De Alwis said...

Nikki: Thanks, sweetie!

Jamilla: Thank you! :D

Fuz: Thanks! I really like the color too but it transfers if I don't wait long enough for it to dry :(

Fintia: Thanks! :)

Sue Lynn said...

Dang, girl! If you look this good playing ard, you'll look red-carpet-ready (even without Gerald Butler) when you GO ALL OUT! WOOHOOHOO!

Sue Lynn said...

Oh, btw, I really LOVE your watermark. I mean, it's about the best watermark I've ever seen...Weird, I know, but I likey!

J said...

Oohh i really like the second look. The colour combo very pretty!

gio said...

Both looks are gorgeous! That green is beautiful and I love how you used blue and purple liners to add a pop of color to the second look.

Connie De Alwis said...

Sue Lynn: Lol! You're too sweet ;)
Thanks! I figured might as well go all out with the logo since I paid good money to get it done!

J: Thanks! :)

Gio: Thank you :D We both love colors!

Kittynail said...

Really pretty looks! Love both of them!

Visit my blog too if you want :)

kellie said...

These looks are great. You're adorble. :) I love the purple pencil.

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy