Skin Deco

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Review: St. Ives Skin Firming Advanced Body Moisturizer

Body product reviews make rare appearances on this blog so if I'm dedicating a post to the St. Ives Skin Firming Advanced Body Moisturizer, it has to be awesome right?

It's cheap too! Read on!

The water-based lotion has a great texture that's not too thick and not runny either. It spreads well and absorbs readily.

My way of applying this lotion is fresh out from the shower without drying off first. This method really helps to seal in the moisture and make it last. I also spend less time massaging the lotion in and still get the same well-moisturized feeling. Keeping the bottle in my bathroom makes me remember to apply the lotion, which I'm usually not so diligent with. I use about two pumps on each leg, one pump on each arm and two pumps for the rest of my body. With the incredible price for the size, I can afford to be liberal.

Firming wise, I don't think it made much of a difference but then again, I'm not very *coughs* at all *coughs* firm to begin with. Nevertheless, it's an excellent light body moisturizer that helps keep my dry skin soft and supple throughout the day. I know for sure that it works because prior to using this, by the end of the day I'd be able to play tic-tac-toe on my shins.

St. Ives Skin Firming Advanced Body Moisturizer is available at major healthcare outlets (Watsons, Guardian, etc.) for RM19.90/525ml. The prices may vary as it occasionally goes on sale so you can expect the price to be between RM17 to RM21.

I'm not sure if this product is readily available in the US because I don't see it on any online healthcare stores (except Wallmart but it's "currently unavailable"). It's on the St. Ives website though.

9 comments:

Jenn said...

I TOTALLY understand Tic Tac Toe on your shins!! I'm a victim too!! Argh Gross!! :(

Dontcha just love affordable moisturizers?? :D

Hayley said...

I once bought a bottle of St Ives moisturizing lotion and its still with me until today. i realise the lotion is very watery and couldnt absorb completely. and for this firming lotion, i'm doubt about the result... but anyway, thanks for the review!

Connie De Alwis said...

Jenn: LOL! Yes, I do :)

Hayley: Well, you can't let one product determine how the rest of the products in the brand would work, right? Hope you'll have better luck finding another brand of lotion that works then!

xin said...

i had this too...honestly i dont think it worked at all =/

Connie De Alwis said...

Xin: Really? Have you tried using it on wet skin? I think that makes a lot of difference. I've tried using Rosken dry and wet, got no results at all. Just oily and sticky most of the time. But with this I saw results in 3 days. That's why I thought it was really good by comparison. But I've only ever used it wet la :p My creams I use dry.

Fifi said...

I should be on the lookout for this! I love body moisturizers as well. And thank you for the tips of keeping the moisturizer in the shower. I'm going to do that from now on! :D

Connie De Alwis said...

Fifi: You're welcome :) I ALWAYS forget to apply body lotion and by the time I remember, I'd be fully clothed already. Having the bottle in the bathroom helps me remember.

The Undercover Gypsy said...

They've changed the packaging, haven't they? Well, I haven't tried this one yet - am all about the collagen elastin, but thanks for the rec!

Connie De Alwis said...

The Undercover Gypsy: Not too sure! I got this quite recently. I did see the collagen elastin one but I went for this one because it was on sale. LOL!

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy