Skin Deco

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Review + Swatches: Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color


You've probably noticed the new Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lip Color in stores. The bold displays are hard to miss!
The line consists of 18 colors in 4 hues:
  • Fun Corals
  • Sexy Reds
  • Fresh Pinks
  • Elegant Nudes
A perfect color for everyone?
Read on for the review and swatches...

Sadly, none for me :( I have weird pale lips that reject bright colors.

You can definitely expect vibrant color-payoff from these lipsticks. Even the so-called Nude color group in Buff is far from being nude. Just check out the swatches!

The formula's fantastic as it applies very smoothly, doesn't sink into lines and feels comfortable on the lips. If you must know, I wore the bright red at home and got a shock seeing my reflection hours later because I totally forgot that I had lipstick on. Thank goodness I realized it before anyone could see me! It didn't dry out my lips and the color hardly faded. In fact, the red was so pigmented that even after wiping off the swatch on my arm, the stain remained there until the next day.


The bestselling shade from each hue:

Pink Bloom (PC31) -
Slightly frosty peony pink
Buff - (B41) Warm natural. Should work on most people
Papaya Milk (C51) - Muted orangey red
Summer Sunset (RC51) - Medium slightly bluish red

Personally, I find difficulty in pulling off these colors though I really wish I could! Nevertheless, if you're into bold, comfortable and long lasting lip colors, look no further than the Color Sensational range.

Retails for RM24.90 at major healthcare outlets. These lipsticks are currently 20% off!

Note: The Color Sensational range in Asia carries colors that are of different names from the Western range except for Summer Sunset. The packaging is also different.

* The products featured were provided by Maybelline Malaysia for review/feature on Skin Deco

18 comments:

Shilka said...

They look so tempting! I think you could pull off the Buff color and Pink Bloom with no problem :D

Connie De Alwis said...

The colors are gorgeous. I thought I could too but the colors are a lot more in-your-face in real life. I tried wearing them but my lips looked very much out of place *sighs* It's hard to explain unless you see me wearing those colors in person!

Stefanie said...

Gorgeous colours - strangely I don't remember seeing those shades in the lineup I wonder if they have different shade names here?

Connie De Alwis said...

Stefanie: Almost all of our Maybelline (L'Oreal as well) products are from the Asian/Japanese edition so usually the names, colors and sometimes the formulation tend to be different. I crossed-reference the colors that we have compared to the Western line-up, only Summer Sunset is the same for both. I would've loved it if they'd brought in the nude shades! We seriously lack nude lip colors in our drugstores.

germaine said...

oooo...the buff one looks so pretty... I was considering the new chanel rouge coco then u bring this up...now i'm tempted to try this cheaper one first...

AnNeTtEe said...

I am in search of a nice red lipstick.. the papaya milk & summer sunset looks really pretty... since I'm so scared I wouldnt be able to pull it off, I'd rather try the drugstore brands before I splurge into the high end products (MAC's ruby woo is first on my list) I love this line of lipstick from Maybelline... they don't dry your lips at all.. plus they have a wide range of pretty colors... all 4 shades look pretty on you... can't wait to see FOTD's with those lippies from u... =)

http://ananaetatae.blogspot.com

Sherry said...

so pretty colours :D

xoxo
kissmi.info

Hanny Kee said...

Ah, no wonder I could not find "Pink Please" anywhere.... Thanks Connie! But strangely, I found that all the colors work for you... But Pink Bloom is pretty! Haihz, God knows that I have too many pink lipsticks. hehehehehe.

-AnGiEpInK- said...

Your lucky the lipstick didn't dry out you lips.. I bought one before but it dry out my lips and i have to reapply it over and over again.. So I stop repurchase it..=(..

Paris B said...

teehee your lips look cute in the red lippies :) But I must finally agree with you that you look way way more awesome with neutral lips. I'll probably never see these - too lazy to go out to look and mine will never ever get here because the courier "cannot find my address" :P

Connie De Alwis said...

Germaine: Maybe you can check if Maybelline has a similar color to the Chanel one. If you're gonna splurge on a lipstick, it'll be better if it's a color that you really like and feel comfortable wearing frequently

Annette: Drugstore lipsticks are definitely more affordable to play around with. Some of my craziest color lipsticks are cheap ones and the more expensive lippies are foolproof colors

Connie De Alwis said...

Sherry: They are, aren't they? :)

Hanny: Welcome! Pink Bloom was the only color that I wore out in public. it's really pretty just that I can't get used to seeing myself with pink lips!

Connie De Alwis said...

AngiePink: That's awful! It should be your lips not agreeing with one or more of the ingredients. My mom can't use lipsticks from L'Oreal and Maybelline in general because they dry out her lips really badly.

ParisB: I was like a kid playing with her mom's red lipstick :p I really wished they had brought in the nude shades so that I can appreciate the range.

gio said...

These are just the kind of colors I like: bold, pigmented and gorgeous!

Connie De Alwis said...

Gio: I think Papaya Milk will look really good on you!

-AnGiEpInK- said...

Other Maybelline lipsticks ok but not these one..Very disappoint me because I really love Maybelline lipsticks.. I always repurchase them..

Jyoan said...

You are quite right about the part on these lipsticks being in your face. They look really natural and nice on my hand, but it's really not a habit for me to try on lips (I only do so for splurge lipsticks). Ended up couldn't work both Pink Petal and Pink Peach. Pink Peach looks absolutely lovely, being a Peach colour...

Really quite sad, as it is quite moisturizing and long wear enough, even though not as pigmented as I'd prefer.

I am still thinking if I should try Corals since I found out that their pink range is a little mismatched with my skin colour. haha, no reds and nudes...

Jyoan said...

Forgot to add... Watershine range is better. Also a little bit disappointed like Angiepink... (",)

Post a Comment

Your comments will help encourage me so please don't hesitate to leave one.

However, I only ask that you'd take a look at the FAQ page before asking a question.

Thanks a bunch!

<3 Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
All content 2010 © Cornelia De Alwis| Blog Design by Graffiti Chicks|Graphics by Studio Gypsy